Kara and Barry - Something for you

Kara was curled up on her couch watching a movie, seconds away from dozing off when she was suddenly startled by the blue flash of a breach opening. Out stepped Barry, a stressed look on his face. In his hand was the end of a rope, the other side still stuck in the breach.

"KARA!" Barry yelled, "TAKE THIS." He threw the rope over to her and she just barely managed to catch it before it began to pull in the other direction. It was strong, even for her. "DON'T LET IT GO!"

Kara held tightly to the rope, totally clueless as to what was on the other side and why it required her help. Barry began to calm down as soon as Kara got a better grip on the rope and steadied it.

"Um, Barry?" Kara questioned, "Mind giving me an explanation here?"

"So uh, first of all...hi," he responded, out of breath. "So we've sort of made a new discovery back on my earth." He glanced nervously at the still open breach before continuing. "Remember how I told you about Grodd, the gorilla that was affected by the particle accelerator explosion?" Kara nodded. All of a sudden, Cisco jumped out with something in his arms and the breach snapped shut.

"Hey, Kara.. long time no crisis," said Cisco. Kara watched as he cautiously set down the box he was holding, and out popped the head of a tiny puppy. Kara let out a yelp of surprise. The puppy was a chocolate brown color with gold speckled eyes, and no bigger than a shoe box. The other end of the rope was secured around its neck.

Kara turned back to Barry. "Turns out Grodd wasn't the only animal that was affected," he said slowly.

The tiny puppy leapt out of the box and immediately took off running down the hall, quickly approaching the bathroom door. Instead of stopping, he ran straight through it, leaving behind a small dog sized hole in the wood. Kara quickly regained her control over the rope and reeled him back in.

"So..." Kara began, "You're telling me this dog is a meta?"

"A meta-canine, to be exact," Cisco piped in.

"He was a stray who just happened to be digging through the dumpsters behind Star Labs when the particle accelerator exploded," Barry explained. "He has this incredible strength unlike anything we've seen before, even Grodd." Kara reached down to pet the dog.

"He's good, it took us days to capture him," Cisco added. "We've been keeping him in the pipeline. Normally everyone that goes in there goes straight to Argus, but this little dude didn't do anything wrong, he isn't meant for a metahuman prison."

"But it's not like we can just let him go," Barry said sympathetically. "He needs to be taken care of by someone who is capable of controlling his abilities."

"Okay," Kara said slowly, "so what do you need me to do?"

Cisco and Barry glanced at each other nervously.

"Well..." Barry began, "Last time we hung out, you mentioned how lonely your loft gets. And, you know, who else would be better to take care of the strongest dog alive than the girl of steel?"

Kara stood up in surprise. "You want me to keep him? Are you crazy?"

"I mean why not?" Barry asked. "Look at him!"

Kara looked back down at the puppy who was sitting patiently at her feet. She bent down, picked him up, and blushed as he quickly snuggled into her arms. Barry was right, she was lonely and she had always wanted a dog. Besides, who else would be able to handle him? Alex could easily fashion some kind of power dampening collar, sort of like Kara's glasses. Was this really such a bad idea? The look on Barry and Cisco's faces confirmed. This dog was meant to be hers.

"Okay," Kara said. "I'll do it."

"Hell yeah!" Cisco yelled, waking the puppy. "Sorry, bro," he whispered, slowly backing away.

"Now you just need to name him." Barry said. "Any thoughts?" Kara thought long and hard.

"What about Argo?" She asked. The puppy lifted his head to look at her, as if he already knew that was his name.

"Seems like he likes it." Barry laughed. "Well, if you're okay here, we should be getting back. Thank you so much for your help, Supergirl saved the day ...again."

"That dog doesn't know how lucky he is." Cisco chuckled, opening up the breach again.

"Bye guys," Kara waved, as they jumped in. The breach vanished, leaving just Kara.

"Well, Argo," she said, smiling down at the puppy nuzzled in her arms. "Welcome home."