Chapter Twenty Nine - Past

Start from the beginning

"I'll try my best, Tyler. We'll try to make that a temporary suspension."

"With all due respect, sir, I don't want you to try; I want you to do it, or face the consequences..."

"What consequences?"

"If I'm suspended, dad's going to stop making donations to the school and I'd rather stay here than be shipped off to some private school overseas. If you want Jasper Lockhart to stay onboard, you need to find a way to make T.J's parents forget this entire thing because if I don't study here, Dad stops the funding. My solution would benefit both the school and me. Here's what you can do, give me a temporary suspension and make sure T.J's mouth stays shut. Anyone outside gets wind of this; you lose thousands of dollars in donations. The choice is yours, Mr. Wallace."

Principal Wallace stared at me in stunned silence. If you looked at his face, you'd think I'd just asked him to cover up a murder I'd just committed.

"I'm not the enemy here, sir. Most of the girls in school hate T.J and would like to see him gone. I have a little sister too, I don't want him in this school."

"I'll speak about this to your father."

Fuck!

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." I tried to sound chill but inside my mind was working like a laborer in a coal mine.

"Don't teach me how to do my job, son. You're still underage and I have strict orders from Mr. Lockhart that I'm to report to him if you get into trouble."

Double Fuck!

"Do what you have to, Mr. Wallace, but I'm not going to take responsibility for something that wasn't my fault, and it doesn't matter if you bring my dad into this. Just so we're clear."

"You're temporarily suspended for two weeks..."

Good, because I wasn't making good use of that Netflix account.Not to mention I could catch up on my Play Station and hangout with Vicky. It sounded like a nice vacation to me.

"During which I want you to reflect upon your actions and write your thoughts in a diary."

When I walked out of the Principal's office, my girlfriend was already waiting outside for me. She looked like she was consumed by some guilt, and yet she was so pretty even when she was sad, like the most beautiful, tragic painting hanging against a wall of an ancient castle.

"What happened?"

"I've been suspended for two weeks."

"It's because of me." She whimpered.

"Someone had to do the dirty work."

I pulled her close and kissed the side of her head. Fear gnawed at me as I wondered if this was going to be the final straw for my dad to send me away.

* * *

Victoria

Tyler and T.J were both suspended for two weeks each. Since Tyler wasn't going to be around for school or hockey practice, Archer was appointed as the temporary team Captain which only added more to his growing tensions. Whenever I went to school, I felt uneasy, like it was my fault that Tyler wasn't allowed to attend school.

He'd been suspended trying to protect me, and that was so wrong.

I'd just finished studying for my chemistry test for the next day, the time on the clock read eleven a.m. when I received a text.

Ty: Can you come over?

Me: It's kinda late...