Making Dreams

"Nightmares...!" Dream gasped.

"You heard me....nightmares." Nightmare said giving a neutral face. He was starting to goop up. Dream knew he was very not familiar being in his passive form. He was a goop mess for hundred years. Dream didn't have a problem with that. They're in the dream scape anyway. They can become what ever they wish to be. Even if Nightmare killed Dream the least would happen his waking up. When Nightmare was almost done, 4 tentacles out of his back, one arm half way black ,the one and usual eye covered in the goop, his one eye purple but with a cyan green fade he stopped.

"Fuck."

"What happened brother? Aren't you going to finish?"

"I CAN'T EVEN CONTAIN A GOD DAMN FORM IN THIS FUCKING DREAM SCAPE!!!!"

"I don't understand, mind to explain?"

"There isn't enough nightmares that I can get energy from. Welp that's a bummer. Let's go get some practice"

Nightmare left Dream in his own dream telling him to meet him out. Dream felt horrible. Nightmares are mostly the only thing he gets his energy from. Ugh. Dream had to learn how to make the worst nightmares.

As Dream left his dream he saw Nightmare floating looking for a specific dream that his brother could work on. But an easy one .If they go to any dream Dream his self would make it to CHEERY. Nightmare is looking for a dream that's not so special. Just random thoughts. But finding that kind of dream was hard as hell. Dream and Nightmare floated the realm for while and Dream started a conversation.

"So what makes you think a I can...uhh ...make a ....nightmare ?"

Nightmare was quiet for a while and he finally answered.

"If Ink can erase and Error can reboot why can't we switch as well. Seriously I learned making dreams a while ago. When you were....well...stone....I made dreams to keep the balance. Even though I already lost my mind I knew that I couldn't just make the whole multi-verse negative. I'll die with it. Obviously. So I learned how to. So it means you can learn to make a dream into that person's worst nightmare."

Dream was speechless. The positive guardian gone and a ex guardian that lost it mind as well not even a bit of positive he made dreams. Dream was so very happy.

"Wait what do you mean Error reboots? And Ink erase..?"

"Well.. When Ink fled I found him in a AU and well talked to him. He can erase a whole universe with just one drop of erasing ink. You know the colorless ink. And for Error he was asleep after he came to the anti-void. It was nice seeing him in a thought-ish dream. Error wasn't even fully asleep. Just dozed. Just like he reboots himself sometimes he can reboot a universe."

After that Nightmare found a nightmare.

"Let me show you what I can do..."

He grabbed his brothers arm and entered the dream. It was a usual nightmare but it was Cross. "Ugh" thought Nightmare. Of course Nightmare didn't want to do it for HIM.

"You don't have to do this." Dream said gently.

"No I need to show that you can do it to..."

It was that day when Cross left the castle. Not even a good moment to Nightmare himself. Dream watched the nightmare. It was raining very heavy. The two brothers getting soaked. In this nightmare, Cross is supposed to be in the castle. The twins enter the castle to see Cross and Nightmare. Nightmare yelling at Cross. Cross turned around and the whole scene became black. Eventually the twins started hearing sobs from the black and white skeleton that has fell on his knees. Nightmare took his two hands in front and slowly a beautiful golden light appearance swirling around his hands then the floor started to give a golden shade. Dream watched and looked back at Cross. He was shocked.

There was Nightmare holding his hand out.

"Yo X-man get up. I don't have all day."(The Nightmare in Cross's nightmare shit)

"What are doing here..?!"(Cross)

"What do you think? I came to pick you up."

Then Nightmare suddenly knelt on one knee and placed a hand on Cross's cheek.

"Look I'm sorry. It was my fault. I never wanted you to leave in the first place. I was to harsh. So please forgive me and let's go."

With that Nightmare got up and offered his hand. Cross took his offered hand and got up. With that Cross got up still holding the monsters hand. Cross mumbled something and he woke up. The dream had closed and leaving the twins free in the realm. Nightmare had back facing to Dream. His one eye blank full of regrets.

Dream could feel his regret and sorrow. The positive one placed a hand from behind on the negative one. Nightmare looked back.

"What about we go find a dream I can practice on? Shall we?"

Nightmare nodded and they began to look again.

"Night....is there something you want to talk about.?" Dream asked in a very soft tone.

"No. It's just thoughts. Don't worry. Hey look! A neutral dream we can use.

Shall we? Go make some

nightmares..?"