Chapter 8

As Zim paced back and forth in front of Dib's home. Dib sat thinking about how he got so upset about the joke Gaz made. He normally wasn't bothered by Gaz, but for some reason, this time she crossed a line Dib didn't even know was there. 

While Dib was pondering, Zim would walk up to the door and raise his arm to knock then hesitate. He had done this multiple times now. He decided to just go straight to Dib's window instead so Dib wouldn't have a choice to ignore him. He used his pak legs to give him a boost to the window where he saw Dib sitting on his bed and reading. He knocked on the window. Dib looked up with an annoyed expression and went back to reading. He knocked again. Dib rolled his eyes sighed and went to let Zim in. 

"What?" Dib asked as he pushed the window open.

"I wanted to apologize for being pushy, I knew you were already upset, I shouldn't have made it worse it's my job to make it better... And you're my only friend so there's that," Zim snickered. 

Dib smiled, "It's okay, I may have overreacted just a bit." 

"So, we're good?" 

"Of course." Dib leaned in to give Zim a hug. This confused him a little bit. He didn't mind it, but it was a hug that lasted longer than normal. Regardless, Zim was just glad things were ok. They began to chat like nothing ever happened until Dib's phone vibrated causing him to stop and check it. Zim noticed his smile instantly grow bigger.

"Whos that?" Zim asked squinting his eyes with suspicion. 

"Oh, its no one," Dib responded with his eyes still glued to his phone.

"Well clearly it's someone important, you seem disgustingly happy. 

"It's just my friend, she messaged me." 

"Since when do you have friends other than me?" Zim continued to question Dib.

"Since the other day." 

"That's the girl you were blushing around just a few days ago, isn't it."

"Yeah, and what's the matter with that?"

"What? Nothing! I was just wondering." Zim began to be suspicious of himself and why he cared so much.

"We're planning to hang out tomorrow." Dib smiled excitedly.

"Oh, but I wanted to see you..." Zim frowned.

"Well, you're not my only friend, Zim."

"Yeah, but I was," Zim muttered frustrated. "What's so special about her anyway? She has the same disgusting human organs you have." 

"Technically, some are different. I know you learned this in sex ed." 

"Yeah yeah, whatever," Zim grumbled, "She's still not as cool as me."

"Wait... Zim, you're not jealous, are you?" Dib laughed.

"What? Of course not! What makes you think the mighty Zim gets 'jealous'."

"You totally are." 

"Am not Dib-stink!" Zim yelled and practically disappeared through Dib's window.

Dib shrugged and continued texting the girl.

Meanwhile, Zim marched home to rant to his computer once again. 'Zim jealous? Hah, impossible! There is no such thing as Zim being jealous, especially not because of a pathetic human girl. But what if she ends up being all Dib thinks about? What if the Dib won't have time for me because he's always focused on her?' Zim groaned aloud as he shook the thoughts away. Before he could open the door himself, Gir was there to greet him.