Chapter 4

When morning came Dib practically lept out of bed excited to finally have someone to walk to school with. He had never really had a real friend and it was nice to look forward to seeing someone who actually wanted to see him too. He got ready as fast as he could and almost ran to Zim's house. Once he got there he entered Zim's yard forgetting about the gnomes that were coded to destroy him on sight. He immediately had to scramble back to safety and just wait for Zim to come out of his home. He waited anxiously for about five minutes before the door opened and Zim casually strolled out. He was focusing on the ground and mumbling to himself in a language Dib assumed was Irken. When Zim looked up his eyes widened and his spider legs raised him up while blasters burst out of his pak and aimed at Dib. 

"Dude what the hell!?" Dib said in shock as he took cover behind the fence.

"What is the Dib doing in front of my yard? Were you spying?" Zim glared at him with suspicion.

"Yesterday you sai-"

"Lies!" Zim screamed cutting Dib off.

"Listen, I get you aren't used to this, but you did agree to walk to school with me whether you want to admit it or not," Dib said slightly annoyed by Zim's antics.

"Fine." Zim sighed and retracted his pak legs and blasters.

"I was just waiting for you to come out of your house, I would've knocked, but your gnomes still have me set as a target... It's weird, they weren't active yesterday..."  Dib thought aloud

"Yeah... Weird..." Zim tried to sound convincing, but Dib noticed by his change in tone that this wasn't a mistake of some sort. He decided its best to ignore it for now.

"Well, shall we?" Dib smiled at Zim.

"I guess," Zim grumbled.

They began their walk to skool together. It was quiet and kind of awkward at first, after all, Dib was the only one making an effort to start a conversation, but soon they were just casually conversing until they reached skool.

"I'm still not quite sure I can do with this new life of mine..." Zim looked down and the spot where eyebrows would be was furrowed.

"Well for a start, I think that you shouldn't have to wear that uniform anymore. Maybe I could take you to the mall and we can find you some real outfits." Dib offered, "I can pay for everything since my dad's pretty wealthy, I'm sure he won't mind lending me some money."

"I suppose that would help me fit in better..." 

"Just, think about it, okay?" 

"Yeah yeah," Zim said while swatting in Dib's direction dismissively.

With that, they both headed in the building and went their own ways. Throughout the day Zim kept thinking about Dib's offer. There was no way human clothes could compare to Irken uniforms, right? He had never really given human clothes a chance, he just assumed that it was inferior to what the Irken had, like everything else on that miserable planet. He decided to do some research on his phone instead of paying attention in class and found some things he actually had an interest in. He decided that if he has to live on this planet, then he definitely doesn't want to risk being caught, if he was, he would have nowhere to escape to. 

___________________________________

Hey, I'm not dead!!! Sorry that I disappeared for a little over a month and this small chapter is all I come back with. I'm on break so hopefully, I can write a bit more, but I will be on vacation starting the 29th so no promises. High school is so damn stressful. Long story short I failed Geometry and my father grounded me instead of getting me actual help. (love that for me) He decided to be "Nice" (his words not mine) and give me my things back until my winter break is over, then I will be grounded again until I can prove I can keep a steady grade so that'll be a while. So yeah I'm back for now.