Chapter 7

It was Saturday morning, only the day after Zim and Dib went to the mall, and Zim had nothing to do. He had no idea what to do with his life since he had no evil plotting to do. He decided to just show up at Dib's house and hope he feels like hanging out. Zim threw on his new magenta hoodie, ripped jeans, matching magenta hightops, and his disguise before heading to his new friend's house. He knocked on the door, no answer. He knocked again only harder, still no answer. Zim could've turned around and left, but instead used his pak legs to boost himself up to Dib's window. He peered in to see Dib sound asleep. 

Zim raised his fist and pounded on the window, "Dib-stink open up!" 

Dib woke up reached for his glasses and glared at Zim who kept pounding the window while staring directly at a pissed off Dib. He crawled over to his window and opened it so Zim could enter his room. 

"Zim, what the fuck?" Dib asked as soon as Zim was in his room.

"I wanted to see my friend," Zim replied.

"You saw I was still sleeping, have some common decency, dude." Dib rolled his eyes.

"Zim apologizes, but I was bored and I decided to come to you to help me pass time." 

Dib sighed and rubbed his still tired eyes, "Yeah yeah, just gimme a minute." 

He got up and grabbed a t-shirt and some pants and headed to his bathroom to change and comb his hair before coming back. 

"So uh, what do you wanna do exactly?" 

"I dunno, I thought you would know." 

"You literally came to me," Dib facepalmed, "alright well, I guess we could play a game or watch a movie... Maybe go for a walk outside." 

"I've never really seen a good movie before, maybe we could start with that?" Zim suggested.

"Coolio," Dib responded as he got a laptop and pulled up some movie choices for Zim to look at.

Once decided on a movie, they sat on Dib's bed and watched it together. Zim asked Dib a lot of dumb unnecessary questions that he answered patiently keeping in mind that Zim wasn't from earth. After the movie was over Zim complained about how the movie was annoying and went on listing the reasons. 

"Well, you wanted to watch a movie." Dib reminded Zim.

"Do you have any better ideas to pass the time?" 

Dib thought for a minute. He knew Zim loved to talk about himself and how he wanted to learn more about aliens. 

"Wanna take me to your lab and tell me about your people and home planet?"  Dib asked hoping that this would be the perfect opportunity to learn.

"That is a good idea... Okay, let's do it," Zim agreed.

As Dib was following Zim out the door, Gaz stopped him. 

"Since when was he in our house?" Gaz questioned and pointed at Zim.

"Since this morning," Dib responded annoyed. 

"Uh-huh... And you promise me that you guys weren't, you know..." She squinted suspiciously.

Dib's face heated up and he responded quickly with panic, "What the hell!? Of course not! He literally climbed through my window this morning I swear!"

"Suuuuuure," Gaz said as she went back to playing her game.

As they closed the door behind them Zim looked up at Dib, "What was that about?" 

"W-what?" Dib asked still flustered.

"Your sister interrogating you, what was she insinuating when she said 'you know'?" Zim asked genuinely having no idea.

"It's not important," Dib mumbled in response.

"It was important enough for you to be embarrassed about." 

"Yeah well, that's why I don't wanna talk about it. Bottom line is, Gaz is weird and a jerk." 

"Why does it bother you so much though? Doesn't it have to do with me?" Zim was more confused.

"Well yeah, but it's stupid," Dib replied trying to get Zim to stop asking questions.

"I'm not stupid!" Zim huffed.

"I never said that you were, Zim." 

"Now tell me why you were embarrassed!" 

"Just shut the fuck up about it already!" Dib blurted out then covered his mouth in shock.

Zim's eyes had widened and he frowned and stared at the ground as he sped up. Zim was frustrated with Dib's attitude and didn't even feel like bringing him back to his house as much anymore. 

"Why don't you just stay home, I think you need more sleep so you're not a dick," Zim grumbled.

"Fine," Dib replied right away and Zim heard his angry footsteps growing fainter. 

Zim was angry, but Dib was his only friend. He wanted to complain to someone but had no one to confide in so he made a plan. He updated his computer so it would be a helpful friend, instead of just a sarcastic electronic servant. Once he was finished though, he was quite proud of himself.

"Computer, I need to vent," Zim said ready to test if this update worked.

"What's up?" The computer responded. 

Zim smiled than began his rant, "The Dib acts strange sometimes and I don't understand why. Sometimes his sister will make jokes about us that I don't understand, but they seem to upset Dib-stink. We were supposed to hang out here, but I tried  asking him what the joke meant and why it upset him and it only led to an argument."

"Hmm... I can't seem to find any databases that can help me explain what the jokes were because I too don't understand them, but you should try and talk to him in about an hour once he's had a chance to calm down. Maybe then he will explain what was wrong or you could cheer him up without questioning it." The computer responded. 

"Thank you computer." Zim dismissed the device.

So yeah Zim's computer is his new friend/therapist. I thought of this idea while I was in the shower haha. I hope you all had a nice new year and as you can see I haven't been grounded so I'll try to update at least once every weekend.