Chapter 3

The drawing above is by yours truly you can find more on my Twitter @shminvadershmim I tweet pretty regularly :)

Zim wanted to push Dib away slightly flinching when he felt his warmth of their bodies pressed together. It was a gesture Zim was unfamiliar with, well all Irken to be specific. They didn't have friends they were soldiers born to destroy and conquer. He wanted to push Dib but didn't. Instead, he melted desperately into the hug. He didn't wanna let go, he felt so warm and fuzzy inside.

Dib was surprised to find that Zim was hugging him back this tightly practically nuzzling him. He felt nervous but content because he too wanted friendly affection since he was always lonely. Felling comfortable enough Zim started to sob on Dib's shoulder, this lasted for about 5 minutes making Dib slightly uncomfortable, but he still waited patiently for Zim to calm down. Once Zim's breathing became steady and he wasn't crying anymore, he exhaled shakily and let go of Dib looking away awkwardly.

Dib finally broke the silence, "So, what will you do now?"

"Well, trying to take over your planet is useless so I don't really know..." He trailed off, "I mean I don't really have a purpose, which isn't normal for us Irkin, but I can't exactly go back to Irk. I should probably activate my built-in self destruct button." Zim didn't sound too fond of that idea.

"I mean, you could just live out your life here," Dib suggested trying to sound calm as to not push Zim's "self-destruction" idea.

"What's the point of that?" Zim asked.

"What's the point of anything?" Dib raised an eyebrow.

"Fine, but not because I want to or anything..." Zim scoffed.

"Of course," Dib smirked.

"What's so funny pig-smelly?" Zim looked slightly offended.

"Nothing." Dib shook his head, "I should probably go now..." 

"Oh, okay... See you tomorrow?" 

"Yeah definitely... Wanna walk to school with me?" Dib asked sounding more nervous than he should be.

"Sure." Zim smiled. 

"Cool." Dib smiled back and left.

I know this chapter was shorter, but I hope you liked it... I think I'm gonna update every weekend or so since I get my inspiration when it's later in the evening. Also, I read other ZaDr fics and realized mine isn't really that unique :o so I'm gonna try and make it a lil different from others, I hope I can make it work.