Episode Six: Box(pt. 2)

ابدأ من البداية

Dave knew where it came from. "That can't be good."

Michellee peeked out of the window to notice the balloon had holes in it suddenly.

"Yeah...a thing about balloons is that they are not bulletproof," Dave informed, quite stupidly.

Michellee shot a withering glare at him. "No duh!"

They plummeted into the jungle beneath them, crashing through multiple small branches. A thick branch stopped the truck from falling farther. The three of them gazed down further, noticing a moss lake beneath them...with crocodiles roaming through the swamp.

"Oh no," Dave muttered, scanning his surroundings.

Michellee whipped her head around, panicked. "What are we going to do?!"

Dave noticed that his driver's side window had an open space and a branch for the three of them to stand on. He used his boot and smashed his foot through the window, shattering it. Dave climbed through the broken window and stepped onto the thick branch beside his red truck. He held out his muscular arm.

"Climb on!" Dave shouted while reaching out for the girls.

E.B. grabbed Dave's arm without hesitation while Dave pulled E.B out of the red truck and placed her on the thick branch he was standing on. Michellee crawled towards the open window, hearing screeching noises.

Dave noticed the truck about to crash into the swamp lake full of crocodiles. "Give me your hand, Michellee!"

Michellee reached her hand out for Dave. Dave gripped her wrist and swung her out of his red truck and onto the thick branch they were standing. He immediately saw his family picture stuck on the dashboard inside of his truck. Without even thinking, Dave dove back into his truck to get the picture.

"Dave!" Michellee called as the truck was about to fall now. She immediately pulled him out of the truck. Dave and Michellee fell back just in time for the truck to collapse into the swamp lake, while the crocodiles swarmed around the red truck.

Michellee stared at Dave's red truck sympathetically. "I'm sorry about your truck."

"Eh, it's just a truck," Dave cornered a soft grin at Michellee. "Despite it holding meaningful memories...it doesn't contain it."--Dave took out his family photo he rescued from his truck and stared at it--"As long as I keep the meaningful memories in my heart...there's nothing that will contain it."

Michellee glimpsed at Dave's photo, with a widening her smile. "You have a lovely family."

Dave glanced his shoulder to look at Michellee, frowning a bit. But he picked his smile back up. "Yeah, they are a lovely family. This is my wife...Diana...and we had twins together. Lily and David."

"How old are they?"

"They are about E.B's age right now," Dave answered, pondering for a moment. "Maybe a year or two older than her."

Michellee stared at the photo once more wistfully. "I wondered if E.B. wishes something just like that."

"What do you mean?"

Michellee sighed sadly. "E.B never had something like that before. If my husband hadn't died...we would create memories like this...However, on the other hand...if my husband hadn't died...I wouldn't have met Guy...I wouldn't have met you."

Dave chuckled at Michellee's response. "Yeah...I guess if Guy hadn't left Stovepipe to sell off his inventions...he probably wouldn't have met you either...and I wouldn't have met you and E.B. It's amazing that actions can have a bigger impact than what it appeared to be. Almost like a Butterfly Effect."