VIII

Chapter Eight; Valii Is Coming

====================•====================

Reese

I take sip from my coffee before glancing up from the small desk I had brought to the cabin allowing me to work. My men set it up at the end of the bed so that the only view I have is of Juniper's sleeping body.

It's been fifteen hours since I bit her. Six hours past without a single heartbeat and I had began to panic, but my girl was a fighter and she's proving it. I know she's in a lot of pain, but she isn't moving. Juniper lays there as if she's asleep, her stomach rising and falling at an agonizingly slow and steady pace. My eyes trail from her body to the heart monitor, and I sigh when I see the flat lines move up, with each passing heartbeat.

Her bed is covered in flowers. The people of my pack have been told I've found my Luna but she is very sick. We didn't go into detail, but to my surprise the pack has been extremely acceptive of a woman they have yet to meet. Everyday Kenzie and Sammie show up with baskets of fruits and flower, along with herbs for Juniper. All of it from the different villages I look after.

"Knock, Knock." I turn to see Kenzie coming in with a hug grin on her face. She's been so excited for me and Juniper, as well as supportive. Kenzie walks over and places her cheek against mine in greeting before walking over to kiss Juniper on the cheek. "Her skin is absolutely glowing!"

"Yes it is. I noticed that when I woke this morning." I respond as I sit back in my chair and cross my arms.

"Don't take this the wrong way Alpha, because you and I both know that Juniper is gorgeous, but this change is going to make her a fucking beauty powerhouse. You're one lucky bastard." My beta says as she picks up the large bowl by Juniper's bed and goes to fill it with water. I don't respond to what she says, instead I just stare at my Juni, knowing that Kenzie is right.

Juniper's skin seems to glow now. In the last fifteen hours, I've watched her hair grow at least three inches and her beautiful sleeping features have intensified. I sigh and then smile, relishing in the fact that I'm the luckiest person in the universe.

Kenzie comes back with the bowl full of water and proceeds to wipe Juniper down. Once she is finish she desposes of the water and sits on the end of the bed to talk to me.

"You're parents are on there way." She says with a worried look on her face. "They didn't seem happy on the phone. Well, let me take that back, your mother didn't seem happy, but your father is estatic. Said that Juniper always held the sparkle in your eye, and when you left her all those years ago, you didn't have that sparkle anymore."

"He's right." I say as I stand and walk out of the cabin. Inhaling the scent of the forest calms me as I let my bare feet sink into the earth. "As for my mother, she favored Madison over Junifer," I continue as Kenzie walks up beside me. "said that she was more put together and mindful of who she was. Where as Juniper was broken and unaware of herself." My jaw ticks as I remember the conversation I had with my parents after my first shift. I remember tell my parents that Juniper was my mate, and the future Queen. Gods, my dad was so damn happy but my mom was the opposite. Told me I must be mistaken, that a woman so frail, couldn't possible be the love of my life.

"Well you're mother may be a fool Alpha. That woman is there is going to be a force, a fucking powerhouse when she wakes, I just know it." Kenzie says as she pats my shoulder. We talk for a few more minutes before she leaves. Once Kenzie is gone, I call Sammie and let him know that I need him to sit with Juni while I speak with my parents. Twenty minutes later, his wolf shows up at the cabin. I give his wolf a gentle pet before shifting and running towards my home. The closer I get, the more I can smell my parents. They come into view, standing on my back porch, and I immediately begin to shift. When I do, they both bow in respect to me and I bow back.