II

Chapter Two; He's Dead

===================•===================

Reese

I knew the day would come when I'd have to see Juniper again, and I wasn't sure how I would feel about it. It'd been seven long years without her lightening up my day, and in the end death is what brought us back together. Madison had kept me up to date with the two of them, but when she missed our Friday evening call, I knew something was wrong, and a few hours later, her parent called to tell me she'd been killed in a car accident.

It was a kick to the gut, and I mourned my friend but I had to pick myself up, because I knew that with Madison gone, Juniper was alone. Her parents were murdered days after they gave her over to the scum of the earth, Kevin. I didn't mourn those bastards, they deserved to burn in hell for all they had done to their daughter.

Madison funeral was quick, and I didn't catch sight of Juniper. After the burial I lingered not knowing why but feeling the need to. Then right before night fall, she showed up. Even in her grief the woman was stunning. The skin tight red dress she wore was a spotlight to her rebellious attitude and I groan when I felt my little buddy stir to life. I was parked far enough to not seem suspicious but even from a distance I could see she had filled out in all the right places.

At least he's feeding her well. I remember thinking to myself as I watched her bend and place a single black rose on her bestfriends grave. Then she turned around and started walking towards him. I could hear the whole conversation, the belittling name he called her and I had to reign in my anger.

I don't know if it was due to how close I was to Juniper, but I knew something was wrong. So like a crazy man I followed them to the large estate and I waited. Hours pasted and then I felt it. The telltale sign that something was happening and it wasn't good. My wolf howled in my head as I jump the gate to the estate and took out six guards. When I got to Juniper, she was barely hanging on, her face holding a soft smile and it broke me down. It broke me down that she welcomed death. That she'd rather be dead than alive another moment.

Two days I sat in that hospital waiting for her to wake up, only for the doctor to tell me she'd be transported to a mental hospital and I couldn't let that happen. Juniper wasn't crazy, my Juni was just alone, and needed someone to save her and that I did. Now, I have to try my best to ease her into this life in hopes that she will accept who I truly am, and the power I hold.

I sip on my scotch as I stare down at the fire place. The smell of her begins to fill the room, and I know she's awake. Not only that but the precious woman took it upon herself to find me.

"I'm sure you have a lot of questions." I state as I turn to look at Juniper. She's wearing a long black sundress and flats, letting me know she looked through the closet and found herself something to wear. I take a moment and soak her in. Her once short hair is now sitting beautifully at the swell of her breast. All of her features have matured making her as beautiful as ever, and damn that body. It's down right sinful, curvaceous and it looks so damn soft. When I met Junipers brown eyes again, she looks flushed but doesn't shy away from my gaze.

"Where am I?" She finally asks and I give her a closed lip smile. I beckon her to me using a single finger and damn it if she doesn't come to me. I fight the smug grin, knowing that at any moment she can tell me to take her anywhere but here. It wouldn't matter though, because I wouldn't. There is no other place for Juniper. She is home.

Juniper stops less than a foot away from me and looks up at me expectantly. I reach my free hand out and stroke her cheek causing her to shudder. She leans into my touch and I can't help but smile.

"You are home." I finally say. Juniper looks up at me with a confused expression and pulls away from touch.

"I have a home, a husband Reese. Kevin will come looking for me, and when he does-"

"Kevin is dead." I state as I down the rest of my scotch. The way Juniper is looking confuses me as I place the empty glass down and go to her. When I try to touch her, she pulls away so violently that she looses her balance but catches it on her own.

"What do you mean he's dead!?" She yells in panic. Why is she panicked? I thought she'd be happy to know the old fucker is out of the picture.

"Why do you care?" I find myself gritting out.

"Why do I care!? Oh, I don't know, it probably has something to do with the fact that he takes care of me! He owns me and he's my only source of food and income! I have no education, no fucking job experience, nothing! Kevin is all I know and now he and Madison are gone!"

"I can take care of you!" Juniper scoffs and lets out a humorless laugh.

"Oh really Reese? You didn't give a shit seven years ago when you walked out of my fucking life so why now!? Huh!? Is it the guilt Reese!? The pity!?"

"It's because I-" I begin but Juniper cuts me off.

"It's nothing you fucking shithead! I want to leave now! Take me back!" She breaks down into sobs as she covers her face with her hands. "T-take me b-back." Juniper sobs harder as she falls to her knees. I quickly go to her and pick her up. Her hands grab on to the t-shirt that I'm wearing as she sobs into it while I rub her back soothingly, resting my chin on the top of her head.

"I left all those years ago because I couldn't stand to see you with someone else Juni. You've always been so special to me. I'd do anything for you, but you loved your parents so much, and I understood that. I want you to know one thing Juniper," I pull back and cup her face in my hands, while looking into her beautiful tear stained face. "If you would have told Kevin no, all those years ago, I would have taken you with me."

"Really?" Juniper croaks and I smile at her.

"Yes love, really."

"Can I ask you how we got here? I know I've gone a little crazy over the years, but I'm sure I'm not senile yet." I laugh lightly and sigh at Junipers humor.

"Lets get you fed and then we will talk." Her face lights up as I release it from my palms only to grab her hand. I walk her out of my study and down the hall to the kitchen.

"Hello Alpha." Kenzie my beta says with a slight bow of her head. Her long red hair is pulled back in a bun as always as she peels a banana and takes a bite. She gives Juniper the same bow before walking over and placing her cheek softly against hers. Kenzie then leaves the room without another word.

"Who was she?" Juniper asks as I release her hand and I can't help but hear the disappointment in her voice.

"Eat, and then I will explain everything." I say as I go to the fridge and start fishing out things to make a grill cheese, Junipers favorite. She nods and takes a seat at the island in the kitchen and watches me in complete silence. I wish I could know what she is thinking but I have to be patient.

All in due time.

*Hi guys. I'm going to be asking you guys fun question every chapter just to help you all get to know me better and vice-versa.....

*Cat person or dog person?
#dogperson