V

Chapter Five; So It Is Settled

====================•====================

Juniper

I stare in a the mirror at a woman I don't recognize. My hair is pinned up in an elegant up do, my make-up is light yet stunning, and the dress I wear is something out of a fairytale. But where I'm going isn't the grand ball.

"Why am I so dressed up? Looks like I'm getting married." I mumble as I run my hands down the silk material of the gold dress that I wear. Kenzie walks up behind me with an expression I can't read, as she places a single golden rose in my hair.

"You are going to meet the ancients as the impending Queen of all werewolves. This dress is almost too simple for such an occasion but I did not have time to make you one." The woman says as she gives me a tight lipped smile.

Kenzie had woken me up at the crack of dawn to prepare me. During our time together, she told me about herself and her mate Lillian. I learned that she is the second in command and she explained the reason she rested her cheek against the Alpha's when I had first encountered her. The rest of the morning was spent with her asking me questions about my life, and me learning of hers.

"Way to go Kenzie, now I'm nervous." I whine as she turns me away from the mirror.

"Oh heavens you look perfect." She mumbles more to herself but loud enough for me to hear. I can't help but blush.

"Thanks."

The door to my room opens and both of us turn to find a stunned looking Reese standing in threshold. He doesn't speak for a moment, as his eyes rack over my body, heating up every nerve ending in me. His tux is extravagant and matches me perfectly.

"Leave us." I says to Kenzie, his voice light and airy. Kenzie bows to me, before walking towards the door with a smirk on her face. Reese stops her in the door way and says thank you in which Kenzie just bows. When we are alone, he walks over to me with a heated gaze.

"You are perfect. So perfect." Reese says as he wraps me up in his arms. I can't help the little giggle that slips me, as I stare into his intense eyes. They are glowing a with a vibrant golden hue that my dress matches.

"Thank you." I respond on a sigh.

"Come, it's time to meet the anciets."

"How long will the trip take?"

"But a moment."

"Huh?" I look at Reese as he pulls me towards the door.

"I have the ability to transport us, wherever we need to be, all I need is a door." He says with a smug expression.

"So the hospital?"

"Yup..." I smack his chest playfully.

"Then why didn't you use the bathroom door?! You scared me shitless!"

"I like to see you squirm." Reese says playfully and I can't help but laugh at him. We stand at the room door, and I look up to the man who has me possessively wrapped in his arm. My face must hold my worry because he bends to kiss my forehead before pulling away.

"Chin up my sweet Juni, you are a Queen." He says to me as he pulls away. "Now, when I open this door, we will be standing before the Ancients. Hold your head high and answer with nothing but honesty. If you waver on the truth, they will know, and that will not go over in your favor."

"Okay." I say as I roll my shoulders and square them. Lifting my head, I put up a front of confidence and Reese smiles in approval.

"Alright babe, lets go." Reese then pulls the door open and we step over the wide threshold together. My breathing catches when I find myself standing in the middle of a large room. The walls look like they are made of steel, and surrounding me is a large table. It too looks like it is made of steel. Shaped in a circle, the table incases Reese and I.