III

Chapter Three; Hi Sammie

===================•===================

Juniper

I ate two sandwhiches in comfortable silence as Reese fiddles with something on his phone and drinks a bottle of water. My eyes are trained on the muscles of his forearm and I feel like a bitch in heat as I think about those strong arms holding me down as Reese pounds his-

"Juniper." His deep husty voice snaps me back into reality and slowly I let my eyes travel upward to met his intense gaze. Reese's eyes are more narrow and he mouth is turned up in a slight smirk. I can't help the small smile that pulls at my lips as I look away and eat the last of my second sandwich. This reminds me of so many nights at Madison's house. The little glances me and Reese would share and Madison always found a way to make it so embarrassing. She would usually just call us out on it and tell one  of us to stop ogling the other. Now there is no one to stop us.

The thought of our now deceased best friend dampers my mood slightly, and I feel guilty. Honestly, I feel guilty for a lot. For not being completely irate with my current situation. Not only did I try to kill myself, but the man who has half ass took care of me for the last seven years is dead and I don't know how. I'm still not sure how I got here, and here I am thinking about Reese bending me over the nearest table and making me forget all the years I had to survive without the man that I secretly loved.

"Are you done?" Reese finally speaks and I clear my throat.

"Uh-yeah. Thank you." I mumble out as I drink my glass of water in record time.

"Thirsty?" He jokes as he takes away the empty glass and plate.

"You have no idea." Reese stops moving and looks back at me with a smirk on his face.

"Oh I don't, huh?"

Oh good heavens why the fuck did I say that aloud? I face palm myself and for the first time in a while, I laugh. A genuine laugh as I look up at Reese who's giving me a cheeky grin. He puts the dishes into a dish washer and then comes over to my stool.

"What are you doing!?" I yelp out with a giggle when he picks me up bridal style and carries me into another room. This room is decorated with a large U shaped grey couch, which a glass coffee table in the center, a fireplace and above it a big screen T.V. Reese sits me down like I'm a piece of fine china that will break at any moment, and I actually like it. I like that there is someone who still cares if I'm okay.

Once I'm seated on the couch, Reese sits down if front of me and crosses his legs. I do the same and it feel nostalgic. This is exactly how we sat when we would hang at Madison's. She would always ask him why he insisted on facing away from the T.V right in front of me, to which he would reply; "There something far more beautiful for me to stare at."

"You remember when we watch Twilight for Maddy's sixteenth birthday and I got pissed that you were team Edward, and not team Jacob?"  Reese says and I knit my eyebrows together as I stare at him in confusion.

"Reese, what are you going on about?" I ask as I tilt my head slightly to the side. He lets out a sigh that tells me that something is up. "Talk to me. Tell me what's going on Reese.. Please."

"I'm a werewolf," Reese blurts out as he stands to his feet and begins to pace. "and I'm not just any werewolf, I'm the King. I know this sounds crazy and I know you probably won't believe me, buy I'm telling the truth. And not only am I the King but you're suppose to be my Queen, but I don't deserve you. I left you back home to fend for yourself with a perverted old man, and you tried to kill yourself. Do you know if you had killed yourself, you would have shattered me? I would be nothing but a broken vessel. Nothing. That's why I had to take you, I had to bring you home." Reese rambles out as he runs his hands through his hair and paces in front of me.

I don't say a single word.

What is there to say?

The silence in the room is louder than anything I could  have ever imagined. When I finally snap back into reality, I look up at Reese and then I start to laugh. He gives me a concerned look, as my laugh turns into a sob and I fold in on myself. I wrap my arms around my legs and bury my head between my legs.

"Juniper-" Reese touches my leg and I loose it.

"Don't fucking touch me!" I scream as I quickly climb over the back of the couch. "You fucking piece of shit! Who put you up to this!? Did the hospital tell you to do this, to make me seem crazy!? So they can take me away!?"

"Baby listen to me!" Reese says as he hops over the couch, but I don't. I turn and bolt towards a large screen door that goes to the back yard. When I get outside, I run as tears run down my cheeks. My legs burn almost immediately and I stop when I see...it.

"What the fuck is that!" I scream as I stop abruptly and turn to see Reese standing behind me. My whole body begins to tremble as the animal slowly comes towards us.

"It's okay Juniper, that's Sammie."

"Oh fuck no! That's a goddamn wolf!" I scream out.

Then it hits me.

Like a ton of bricks and I watch with my mouth slacked as Sammie slowly shifts into a man out of the fucking story books. He is tall, not as tall as Reese, and he is lean with prominent muscle but still not as buff, tone, and so damn sexy, like-.

For fucks sake Juniper reel it in.

"I'm really seeing this right? I-I'm not crazy." Reese looks down at me and smirks.

"Not crazy baby, I told you."

The very naked man comes up to Reese and places his cheek against his, before pulling away.

"Alpha." Sammie says with a bow and then his intense grey eyes look to me. He lifts a single eyebrow and smirks. "Luna."

Luna?

"Uh-my name is-"

"Oh I know who you are Juniper. This fucker right her has turned down so much pussy because of you that I lost count."

"Sammie!" Reese growls out and for a moment I can't help the smile that slips onto my lips.

"What bro, she's smiling, look." Reese looks back at me and my bottom lip is being rolled in-between my teeth. His eyes flicker down to my lips and I blush but don't look away. Madison always said that it was beautiful how Reese and I could look into each others eyes for extended periods of time. I can't do it with anyone else, I feel uncomfortable, but Reese is...different.

"Loving the googly eyes that are going on here." Sammie says and we both snap our heads over to look at him at the same time. It's like I suddenly realize just how naked he is and I look down at his more than generous friend. Reese makes a sound that resembles a growl and before I can react, Sammie shifts into his wolf and takes off towards the woods again.

"Uh-" I clear my throat. "Where is he going?"

"Why? Do you wish to follow him?" Reese says as he turns and grips the back of my neck harshly pulling me within inches of his face. I gasp in shock, but the sound turns into somewhat of a groan.

"No." I pant out as I stare into Reese's eyes. They're blown out and shining with a golden hue. Jesus this man is so damn fine.

"Good." He says before kissing my forehead. "Now come, I have a lot to show you."

*Toilet paper; facing you or away from you*
#facingme