19 | LET DOWN YOUR HAIR PT. 1

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. I'll say." Isabelle scoffs rolling her eyes.

"Maybe we're talking Bigfoot." Hank suggests.

"I don't think Bigfoot would fit into the sleeping bag." Nick counters. "I'm gonna talk to the DEA guys."

"You go ahead. I'm gonna take another look at the body." Isabelle informs them. Walking back to where the victim is Isabelle looks over the body. Something about it was off, she just couldn't exactly figure out what. Stepping over the body to where the victim's gun was she kneels down before putting on a pair of gloves and sliding her fingers over a stain left on the gun, lifting her hands a few inches away from her nose she sniffs it. It was a light berry smell. Pushing herself to her feet she walks through some greenery where she finds a broken branch — and another hair. Grabbing a plastic bag from her pocket she slides the hair inside the bag when suddenly she hears a loud thud and rustling of branches come from behind her. Racing after the sound she jumps over fallen logs and through overgrown weeds. Forcing herself into a sprint she can see a girl running away, but this was no ordinary girl. She had dark Rapunzel length hair and the face of what Isabelle instantly recognizes as a Blutbaden. "Holy shit."

✯               ✯               ✯

"He was going to kill us, and then he heard something and he just walked off." Dustin explains.

"And we heard a gunshot, and then it sounded like somebody was being choked." Lauren states.

"Did you see who the victim went after?" Isabelle asks.

"No." Dustin answers.

"You hear anything else?" Hank inquires.

"Yes." Lauren nods. "Something came into the camp and started knocking stuff over."

"We don't know what it was. We just saw shadows." Dustin tells them.

"And heard something, like a growl." Lauren adds.

"It took us forever to get free, and then we just ran." Dustin continues.

"You never saw his body?" Hank questions.

"No." Lauren shakes her head. "But whatever it was.. it saved our lives."

"Alright. We will be in touch if we have any more questions." Nick informs them as they stand up. "Thank you for your cooperation."

"Of course." Dustin grimaces, and it was obvious that both him and Lauren were still shaken up by the whole situation.

"You think they're hiding anything?" Hank asks as they walk out of the house.

"I don't think so. They're fearfully forthcoming." Isabelle remarks.

"She's right." Nick says as he unlocks the car. "Come on. Let's find out what the M.E. has to say."

✯               ✯               ✯

"The FBI confirmed the identity of Delmar Blake." Hank informs Renard.

"Lab confirmed the hair we found on his neck and on the tree we're not Blake's." Nick adds.

"Is it one of the hikers?" Renard asks.