f o u r t e e n ♪

hey :)

i don't think i've ever been as stressed as i am right now

people rush around frantically in front of me as i stand at the center of the grand room, clipboard in hand. the gala takes place tonight which means it's only a matter of hours before guests begin arriving and my work is put to the test of hundreds of wealthy people with nothing better to do than seek for flaws.

i think about the beautiful dress i bought just for this occasion sitting in the back of my car along with my makeup and everything i'll possibly need to be ready for tonight. I wasn't going to try much to improve my appearance and just wear something in my closet but then I realized that if people ask who planned the event, they'll be pointed in my direction. I suppose I represent the company when I come as an employee so I want to do so correctly.

i informed wesley that he needs to meet me here at the venue because i'm just too busy to meet him anywhere else or even at the door. i feel a little bad because i don't think he knows that he's getting into a night of watching me rush around while he sips at champagne. he seemed okay with it so i've decided to just deal with that when the time comes. for now, i have flowers to arrange.

"can you just place that vase right here by this statue?" i pat a podium, gesturing for the man to set down the beautiful ceramic vase filled with baby's breath and other assorted white flowers.

"do you mind plugging in the lights on the staircase? thank you so much." i grin at one of the younger women. mr. ward was kind enough to hire plenty of people to help with the event and i couldn't be more grateful. what would have taken me all day only takes a few minutes with all of these extra hands.

my mind is going one hundred miles a minute as i try to recall each thing that needs to get done. i've written every possible thing i could think of onto my clipboard yet there's still some sort of hyper management part of me that thinks i've forgotten something.

the champagne and other beverages will be arriving with the servers about an hour before the gala begins just in case anyone arrives early. mr. ward will most likely either be early or fashionably late. i can't figure out what type of ceo he is yet when it comes to parties. he didn't seem very thrilled about it the other day so i've tried not to mention it since or bother him with any questions.

i left a schedule for the night on his desk just to let him know what's getting done today and when. he had left a tux in my office yesterday so i had that dry cleaned and it'll be delivered back to him by three today. i'm not sure why he got me to do it and not vivian since she's usually the one to do personal errands like that for him.

speaking of vivian, i suppose i'll be forced to see her tonight. we aren't required to speak much since we have our own separate jobs to do which has been nice. i don't hate her but she makes me second guess myself and i don't like that.