t e n ♪

i hate being left on read.

 i have officially lost it

i have officially lost it. i don't know exactly what "it" is...but i've lost it.

"i ordered white orchids. not yellow!" i stress, picking up one of the flowers and shaking it as i clean the dainty yellow decoration in my hand.

with lillian's wedding and the gala both only one week away, my stress levels are at an all time high. all that's holding me together is coffee and a whole light of under eye concealer. i'm almost ready to cry with joy at the thought of getting to rest a little bit this weekend. i feel as if i haven't slept in over two weeks. with the gala and the wedding being only two days apart, i'm falling apart. i barely finished the filing this morning and mr. ward seemed satisfied enough so now i'm putting all of that behind me and focusing on making this event absolutely perfect.

the delivery boy with the flowers looks absolutely horrified by my reaction and i almost feel bad for him until i see the flower arrangements for the tables, "what? i didn't order chrysanthemums! who in their right mind orders chrysanthemums? i wanted white orchids, baby's breath, and some greenery! what the heck is this!" i gesture to the ugly arrangement with a scowl.

the boy's mouth opens and closes, his eyes wide. "i - i don't make the deliveries, ma'am. i just deliver them."

i look at him with an exasperated sigh, "i know, i understand. but this is the biggest event of the year so i suggest you take these back, get my real order to me by wednesday at the latest. the gala is next friday so i don't have much time." i rewrite the order on the corner of the paper i have and tear it off, handing it to the frightened young man, "here. take this back to your boss personally and tell them there's been a huge mistake and i need this order at this venue wednesday morning or i'm finding a new florist. got it?" he nods vigorously, snatching the paper from my grasp and pocketing it.

once he's gone, i release a sigh, leaning against a bare table in the large empty room of the building they have rented. the ceilings are high and look like that of a cathedral. the ballroom looks to be exactly what it's called - a ballroom. the marble floors and vaulted ceilings will make the room prefer space for dancing and music. i couldn't have chosen a better place myself. as soon as i did the walk through i knew it was perfect.

"where is the florist going?" vivian asks me, crossing her arms over her chest.

she's pretty much back to her normal terrifying self with her sleekly straightened long hair and her piercingly bold green eyes, she's a force to be reckoned with. fortunately, i've been too busy filing and event to feel too intimidated.

"they brought the wrong order so i sent it back." i tell her with a sigh.

"yellow orchids and chrysanthemums?" she asks with a raised brow.