chapter 36

A/N: This chapter is longer than usual so i hope you like it. Since this story is about to end, 100 comments for the next chapter. Thank you!

❧❣❧Ⓜ❤Ⓜ❧❣❧

MAGGIE's POV

Seeing Marco after two weeks made my heart thump like crazy. He's really the only one who could make my heart beat faster. All the feelings that I've been suppressing these past two weeks started to get out of my control.

Even though I've been trying not to, I still keep on missing him with each passing day. I wanted to run towards him for a hug but I held myself back from doing so. It took me all my self-control to not just give in without hearing explanations from him yet.

"What is my wife doing in your house, Amouretti?" I could hint the jealousy and anger in his voice as he threw that question like a lion which was on the verge of attacking a prey. He was obviously flexing his jaw tightly. His eyes were fiery and dangerous.

Instead of getting intimidated, Brey shrugged his shoulders. He looked calm and unaffected of Marco's obvious rage.

"Why don't you ask Kyrus here?" He answered casually. Kyrus's eyes widened and then made a peace sign at Marco with a hesitant smile on his lips. I wanted to laugh because of what he did but the air around us was too thick for me show them my amusement.

"I brought her here, bud. Don't worry, she was with Ms. Morgan here." Kyrus answered, trying to ease Marco's obvious anger. Marco remained quiet but his eyes turned into slits. I swallowed hard. It felt like the Marco in front of us was the old Marco. He looked dangerous and intimidating.

Ever since we became lovers, he changed a lot and I haven't seen this side of him anymore. Now that he's behaving like his old self, I should be worried and get scared because he might do something to Brey to vent out his rage. But no. I couldn't feel any fear because my heart knew that he's the rugged and bad boy type but has the softest heart too. But he's part of the mafia, Maggie! He didn't tell you about that before! What if you haven't seen the worst side of him yet?

I mentally shook my head, confused of what I must do in order to lighten up the mood. I didn't want to anger Marco any further but I didn't want to talk to him either. Gosh! I'm not ready yet.

My heart raced even more when Marco's gaze shifted on me. I felt like his eyes were penetrating the depths of my soul. I met his gaze and I noticed something. Yes, he was mad but he looked like he was pleading for me to go with him.

"Let's go home." He voiced out firmly and I knew that moment that he would do anything for me to come with him. I shook my head before I went to Brey's side and wrapped my arm around his.

"I don't want to go home with you, Marco! I'll stay here with Brey!" I answered stubbornly and I saw how he clenched his jaw tightly. He looked like a dragon that was about to spit fire any moment now but I stood my ground.

I knew I was being a coward for running away but I felt like I wasn't ready yet to hear everything from him. I didn't want to get hurt more than I already have.

He stayed quiet and I thought he already gave up and decided to just leave me for now but I was wrong. Before I could react, he suddenly closed the gap between us and scooped me up onto his arms. I shrieked in surprise. I wasn't expecting for him to do that!

I tried to free myself from him but he was too strong for me.

"Help! This man is kidnapping me!" I screamed, determined not to go with him. I tried to wiggle out of his arms once again but my efforts were futile. He walked out of Brey's house with me on his arms, shouting for him to put me down.