chapter 37

A/N: Sorry guys. I wanted to update yesterday but i had to revise this chapter. 100 comments for Friday:)

❧❣❧Ⓜ❤Ⓜ❧❣❧

MARCO's POV

When Maggie came out of the walk-in closet, she was already dressed and looked like ready to leave me once again. She didn't even throw me a single glance as she walked towards the door. I could see that her eyes were already puffy and red because of crying.

I knew Maggie for being a strong woman and it hurt seeing her like this. I've never thought that everything would turn out this way. Yes, I knew I was wrong but I loved her too much to just let her go without doing anything. No! I let her go once and I would never do that again!

"My queen, please. Not like this." I pleaded but she ignored me and was about to open the door when I swiftly moved and caught up to her.

"No! You're not going to leave me again! I left you alone for two weeks because I wanted to give you space. Even though it was so hard for me to watch you from afar, I held myself back because I didn't want to rush you. Now, you're leaving me again and I won't allow it. Please, don't go. We're married now. We should settle our problems together. Remember, we vowed to love each other during the ups and downs of our married life." I said beggingly, trying to persuade her. She looked at me in disbelief.

"And we have vowed to be honest with each other at all times too, Marco! You know why this hurts me so much? Because I asked you a few times to be honest with me from the start. I told you what I hated the most. I asked you to tell me whatever secrets you were keeping from me but you still chose to hide it from me!

"If you told me about it right away; yes, I would surely get mad in the beginning but the pain would've been lesser! You even waited for me to discover the truth from Keith of all people! It hurts so much because I loved and trusted you with all my heart! It hurts because when I chose you over Keith, I thought that you were his opposite; that you would never hurt and deceive me like he did to me because you're Marco, the love of my life!"

Her tears fell once again and I felt like thousands of needles repeatedly pierced my heart. I couldn't take seeing her in pain like that especially that she was crying because of me.

I closed the gap between us and enveloped her soft form in my arms. I wanted nothing but to ease the pain that she was feeling. If it was only possible, I would turn back the time and make everything right.

I've never thought that because of my desire to get back at my clan for what happened to me and my brother, I would hurt the woman I love.

"Let go of me!" She hissed as she tried to push me away from her but I refused to let go. I was determined to make her stay by my side. Maybe for others, I was being selfish but I didn't care anymore. All I knew was, I would never let us get separated again.

"Shhh. Please, don't push me away, my queen. I know that you're hurting right now but please, remember that I love you so much. You're my life. Let me heal you. Let me prove to you that you're far more important to me than any power and position that I could ever achieve. Please, don't leave me again. I wouldn't be able to take it for sure. You know how much I love you. One last chance, all I'm asking is just a chance to prove my love to you." I entreated desperately with a trembling voice as my emotions began to give away as well. I couldn't hold it back anymore and my tears fell.

I kissed her forehead. I felt like an invisible hand squeezed my heart tightly while hearing her gentle sobs and whimpers. My tears kept on falling as well. All my life, I've never cried like this until now.