chapter 16

A/N: For those who were asking why i didn't update last Friday; I updated but Wattpad had a glitch that's why it didn't send my readers a notification of my update. Anyway, i hope you like this chapter. Don't forget to share, comment and vote! Thanks :)

❧❣❧Ⓜ❤Ⓜ❧❣❧

MAGGIE's POV

I gasped in awe upon reaching the sunflower plantation. I already saw it from a far from the house and it was so pretty, but now that I finally had the chance to come see it up close, it was so breathtakingly beautiful.

I've never been to a sunflower plantation before and having the chance to visit one was an unforgettable experience, especially that I was with him.

I looked at Marco. He was fondly staring at me. He finally agreed to tour me around his property and our first destination was here at the plantation. I couldn't believe how huge his property was. I knew that he's rich but I didn't expect him to be this rich.

"Do you like it here?" He asked.

I smiled. "This place is really beautiful, Marco. You're so lucky to have all these. I'm sure, you always come here whenever you're stressed out of city life."

"Actually, I only visit this place at least once a year." He confessed and that surprised me.

"Why? Are you really that busy that you can't even come here often?" He remained silent for a couple of seconds while gazing at me. I thought he wouldn't answer my question but he eventually did.

"My life is never been a bed of roses. I am not even allowed to live normally even if I wanted to. This is the only place that I treasure the most; where I can be myself without thinking about other things, but I can't come here often." What he said confused me.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked as I touched the petal of one of the sunflowers. He approached me and then hugged me from behind.

"Did you know that the scientific name of sunflower is Helianthus, hmmm? Helia for Sun and Anthus for Flower. I can say that you're like a sunflower, my queen. It always brightens my day but out of my reach." He whispered to my ear. His voice sounded so suave to my ears.

Just like always, his embrace made my body feel hot as my heart started racing again. I mentally shook my head. Until now, I still couldn't believe how strong his effect on me.

"Out of your reach, huh? Am I really?" I mumbled.

"Before, yes. But now, I've finally found the courage to let you know how much I treasure and love you and I'm glad I did because we're here, together in this place. Whatever happens, at least I could tell to myself that I did everything I could to win you over. At least, I would probably not regret anything if you wouldn't choose me." There was a hint of pain in his voice. "But I'm still hoping that one day, you'll reciprocate my feelings though." He continued in a newly found determination.

I bit my lower lip. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach as my heartbeat became even more erratic. I cleared my throat.

"I've heard of its meaning before but did you know that sunflower is the symbol of faith, loyalty and adoration?" I questioned, trying to ignore the feelings that he was stirring within me. His warmth felt so good against my body and it was making me feel so secure and safe.

"I know that that's why I decided to have sunflowers in my property. This is probably cliché and corny but these sunflowers were planted for you. When I learned what they symbolize, I instantly thought of my love for you. I've been faithful and loyal to you all these years. That's how much I love and adore you that I am willing to be corny." He admitted and that made my cheeks flush for some reason.