chapter 33

A/N: This story is about to be finished. TB & TP series 4 is on its way! Happy reading:)

❧❣❧Ⓜ❤Ⓜ❧❣❧

MAGGIE's POV

I clutched my chest, hoping to decrease that pain in my heart by doing so but to no avail. I couldn't hold back the tears that fell from my eyes. I angrily wiped it off with my handkerchief. I already told myself not to cry but it was so hard holding back my emotions. No matter how many times I tried to prevent myself from crying, traitorous tears still fall.

Just thinking of the fact that Marco deceived and used me was so painful already. I wanted to talk to him the moment he wakes up but I just couldn't bring myself to see and talk to him yet because I was afraid to hear anymore secrets from him that could hurt me even more than I already have.

"Why, Marco? Why did you have to do this to me. I trusted and love you to the point that I gave you my everything. I gave you all the love that I could give because I thought you loved me too. But I was wrong. You made me look like a fool." I uttered bitterly as if he was in front of me.

A lot of questions were circulating in my head but I couldn't find the right answers.

But even though I was mad, I couldn't stop myself from getting worried about his condition. I wanted to go back to the hospital to check on him once more but something was stopping me from doing so. I felt like I would give in right away if I would see him now and I didn't want that to happen.

What he did to me should not to be taken lightly. He used and deceived me just to get what he'd been wanting for. Money and power.

When I woke up at the hospital a while ago, a rush of negative emotions surged within me upon remembering what happened. Because of it, I left. But before I did, I made sure that Marco was already fine. I asked the doctor about his condition and he said that there was no internal bleeding and there was nothing serious to be worried about. He just needs to rest and nurse his bruises.

Marcus tried to stop me from leaving but I didn't listen. I wanted to breathe some fresh air. For some reason, I couldn't breathe and think rationally if I'm near Marco. I felt like I was suffocating.

I looked around me. I was at the park, sitting on the bench alone while thinking what to do next. I was torn between going back to the hospital or going home. Then, I decided to do the latter; to go home to my family. For now, all I wanted was to think away from Marco.

Maybe if did that, I could finally gather enough courage and strength to face him and hear him out.

I was about to stand up from sitting on the bench when someone suddenly sat next to me. My eyebrows creased as I looked at the man. It was Kyrus.

"You look so alone and sad. What happened? Where is your husband?" He asked, worry was evident in his voice. I averted my gaze from his.

"He's at the hospital right now." I answered with an almost inaudible voice.

"What?! He's at the hospital?! What happened to him?!" He asked with a loud voice. He looked surprised and worried. I smiled inwardly.

It was my first time seeing Kyrus with that kind of expression. He was always the calm and happy go lucky guy but now that he heard about his best friend being at the hospital, he couldn't hide his worry.

"He's fine now. Something happened earlier today. You can visit him at Saint Jude's hospital. Marcus is there right now." I tried to sound as normal as possible but I just couldn't fake it. Talking about Marco reminded me of the revelation that Keith told me. Pain once again struck my heart.