chapter 24

HAPPY READING:)

❧❣❧Ⓜ❤Ⓜ❧❣❧

MAGGIE's POV

I almost flew towards the door when I heard the buzzing sound of the car that stopped in front of the house. I hurriedly went out. I was right. My family finally arrived.

"Daddy, mommy!" I squealed excitedly like a kid and ran towards my father's waiting arms and kissed him on the cheek. I did the same thing to my mother who looked emotional upon seeing me.

"I missed you, guys." My eyes slightly watered. Feeling their warm embrace made me emotional.

"And we missed you too, darling. Thank God, we finally got to see you." My mother answered before kissing my forehead and then hugged me tightly once again. I could feel the tension and worry inside her finally eased off upon seeing me.

"I'm sorry for making you worry about me. The situation—"

"—Don't worry, darling. Your daddy already explained everything to me and I understand. But next time, tell us when you're in trouble so that we could help you. You know that your daddy and I loves you and your sister so much. If something bad happened to one of you, it will surely kill us. Don't do this ever again, okay? Don't just keep everything to yourself. We're a family, right?" I bit my lower lip as guilt crawled within me.

I nodded my head. "Yes, mommy. I'll remember that." I hugged my mom tightly. My dad smiled and then enveloped mommy and I in his arms.

"What about me? Didn't you miss me too?" That familiar voice interrupted. It was my sister, Christine. She just came out of the van. She looked like she just woke up. I chuckled upon hearing what she said and then pulled away from my parents' embrace.

I coaxed her to come closer to me as I opened my arms for her. She happily gave me a warm hug.

"Of course, I missed you too. Well, just a little bit." I said while laughing and that made her pout.

"Whatever. Well, me too. I missed you too, just a little bit." I couldn't hold back my laugh and ruffled her hair amusedly.

"You're so cute."

"Hey, my hair!" She complained and took a step backwards away from me while fixing her now slightly messy hair. I shook my head at her full of amusement. I was about to speak once again when I noticed Marco, standing near the driver's door, watching us quietly.

He was the one who picked up my family from the airport. I wanted to go with him but he said that it would be dangerous for me to go out in public for now. He was right so I didn't insist and just stayed at home.

"Hey, I didn't notice you there." I uttered while smiling sweetly. The corner of his lips twitched as he shoved his hands inside the pockets of his pants.

Ever since he applied as a security guard at Super L, he never wore his usual corporate attire and I liked that even more. He looked more normal in this kind of outfit because whenever he was wearing his coat and tie, he looked so intimidating and I couldn't help but to remember his past self; the cold, jerk, intimidating and emotionless Marco.

"I thought you already forgot about me, my queen." He answered huskily. My cheeks burned when I heard his usual endearment for me. He called me that in front of my parents without even batting an eye.

"My queen, huh?" I heard Christine say teasingly and then poke the side of my stomach with her finger. I sneered at her and my reaction made her laugh. I approached Marco.