chapter 17

A/N: Hi guys! Since it's holiday today, i decided to update earlier than usual. :) Anyway, for those who were asking me to update more than twice a week; sorry ,guys, but i am so busy. My schedule is different now compared to before that i could even manage to write two stories at a time and there's my health to consider as well. I hope you understand:)

I've made this chapter a little bit shorter than usual because i feel like the comments are still the same even if it's longer or not. LOL.

❧❣❧Ⓜ❤Ⓜ❧❣❧

MAGGIE's POV

I cried helplessly when Keith closed the door of the car after he put me down on the backseat. He even tied my hands and feet but I persevered and tried my best to get up even though I still felt weak. I tried to open the door but it was already locked.

"Keith! Open the door!" I yelled at him but he acted like he didn't hear it. He was about to get in when he suddenly groaned in pain before he lose consciousness. Someone hit him behind his head and that someone was him...

Upon seeing Marco, I couldn't hold back my tears from falling from my eyes. He was staring at me full of relief. He quickly opened the door and then took me in his arms.

"Thank God! I thought I was already late!" I could sense the worry in his voice. His body was slightly trembling. He kept on kissing the top of my head.

"Marco..." My voice was shaking as I kept on crying while still in his loving arms. I instantly felt safe upon feeling his warmth. He was hugging me ever so tightly as if he was afraid that I might disappeared on him any second.

He then unwrapped his arms and then pulled away from me to untie my hands and feet.

"Let's get out of here." He said and then carried me in his strong arms, bridal style. I held onto his neck and then leaned the side of my head against his hard chest.

I noticed some bloody bodies lying on the ground as we walked towards the direction of the road. Everything became so quiet. I thought everything was already finished, but then, we heard a voice behind us.

"Give her back to me. She's mine..." Marco turned around. My eyes widened upon seeing Keith. He came to. He looked weak while trying to get up. His hand was cupping the back of his head while staring daggers at us.

Marco smirked dangerously. "She's never yours, Apollyon. She's my woman, keep that in mind!" My mouth hang. Even in this kind of situation, Marco never failed to make my heart beat erratically. He really became open and straight forward of his feelings towards me.

Ever since he confessed his love for me, he became more determined to get into my heart.

But then, a realization it me. It seemed like they've known each other judging by the way they talked to each other, but what caught my attention was how Marco addressed Keith. Apollyon?

I wanted to ask questions but I chose to just remained quiet and listen.

"I will never let you win, Thamuz!" Keith hissed and then drew a gun and pointed at us. My eyes widened in horror. Marco took his gun a while ago but it looked like he was hiding another gun.

"Do you really think that I'll let you win just like that? You know me, Thamuz. I always get what I want. Hand her to me or else, I will kill you both." He threatened with his face contorted in anger but Marco remained unfazed. His face was unreadable.

"If I were you, I would get out of here before I kill you." Marco retaliated quietly but judging from the expression on his face, he was beyond livid. His eyes were staring at Keith like a lion hunting for a prey. I swallowed hard.