Chapter 48- Overboard

Start from the beginning

I have finally broken her.

o.O.o.o.O.o

I slowly make my way downstairs the next morning. Amber's room door was closed so I am not sure if she is already up or not. Her car is still in the drive so at least I know she hasn't disappeared. I walk into the kitchen and my steps falter when I see her sitting at the island with her hands wrapped around her cup. She doesn't acknowledge me or even move as I walk in. I continue to grab my breakfast but my eyes keep falling back to her. Her hair is a mess and her eyes looks tired. Her complexion is pale and it's evident she has been crying. She doesn't look away from her spot. I don't think she has even realised that I am in the kitchen. She has completely zoned out.

I want to say something to her. I want to tell her that I am sorry. I want to take away the pain I know she was feeling yesterday but I don't. I can't. I am the one that caused the pain in the first place so how am I supposed to take it all away?

I take my breakfast up to my room and begin to eat there. To take my mind off everything I pull my lyric book out. Scooter is saying that I need one more song on the album before it is ready to be out of the shelves. I just need to write the song now. I flick through the pages and I come across a song that I wrote a while ago. I remember singing it in London when I took Amber. She loved the song. My finger runs over the first few lines.

Well let me tell you a story,
About a girl and a boy.
He fell in love with his best friend
When she's around he feels nothing but joy.
But she was already broken and it made her blind
Because she could never believe that love will ever treat her right

As I read the lyrics I can't help but realise how it fits this situation. I stopped writing this song because I lost motivation. I didn't know where this story ended. I shake my head as I realise that I am still thinking about everything. Instead I put my book away and finish eating my breakfast. Time flies by as I trying coming up with lyrics but nothing seems good enough. I grab my plate and head downstairs to put it back in the kitchen.

I stop when I hear my mom talking to Amber. I stay as quiet as possible to hear what they are saying.

"Oh Amber sweetie. I wish you came to me about all of this. I would have helped you and given you advice. I know that I can't replace your mom but I can still do some of this."

I hear Amber's sobs and last night's ache and guilt comes back. "I thought I could do it. I thought that things would be alright. I mean we are Amber and Justin. Best friends and inseparable. I thought that if I lost him to anything it would be to the fame, not a girl."

"You can't really think that his heart loves her right?"

"Maybe not love but there is something there. He chose her Pattie. How could he?" Her voice breaks and tears form in her eyes. "After all that we have been through how could he just chose her so easily?" It wasn't easy but I did it for your happiness.