Chapter 22- A Rose To Remember

"Haters are just confused admirers."~ Justin Bieber

I open my eyes to an empty room and a few seconds go by before I realise that this isn't my room. I sit up and look around and realise that I'm still in the cinema room from last night. My body is aching from sleeping on the couch last night. I rotate my neck but the ache in it stops me from doing so. I stand up and give my body a full stretch. A yawn leaves my lips. I turn around and look for my phone. I find it hidden behind the pillows. I unlock it and the time tells me that it is 6:36AM. I look at all the food that was for yesterday night and annoyance fills me. He didn't even text or call me. Not wanting to care anymore, I make my way out of the room. I shut the door behind me and make my way to the stairs. As I walk down the long hallway I hear the front door close. I walk into the first room of the house and I see Justin walking in looking exhausted. His hair is all over the place, his face tired and yesterday's clothes still on him. When he turns around he notices me and gives me a weak smile. I give him a forced smile back. "I'm off to bed."

His short statement leaves me shocked. Is that all I get? No apology or explanation? He walks upstairs and I just watch as he does so. Once his body disappears behind the wall I stand there for a few seconds in shock. He really did forget didn't he? I shrug my shoulders as if it would get rid of the hurt I am feeling. I walk in his steps but instead go into my room. From outside his door I can hear the shower on. I purse my lips looking blankly at his door before turning away and heading into the shower myself.

I pull into the school car park and grab my bag before leaving. As usual people still stare at me. I think it is safe to say that I am now worthy of attention thanks to Justin's little appearance and acknowledgment of me in public. Just like every other day, I ignore them. As I am walking through the entrance I see Jason walking alongside me. I turn to face him and give him a smile. "Hey Jay."

He chuckles at me. "That rhymes."

I can't help but roll my eyes at his childish behaviour but a small chuckles leaves my lips as well. We continue our casual talk before we go our separate ways to our lockers. I open my locker and a small piece of paper falls out. I pick up the pale yellow paper and read it 'Meet me at the top. Break'. I automatically recognise the handwriting and nervousness bubbles within me. I slip the paper into my pocket before disposing any books that I won't need for the first half of the day. Layla walks past me and as she does she greets me hello. Layla is the quiet one amongst us. She doesn't really talk much but whenever she does it's something quite sensible. The bell ringing pulls me out of my thoughts and I make my way to homeroom.

As usual I am one of the first and just like any other day I take my seat in the back. As the minutes get closer to the warning bell the classroom feels in with other students chatting amongst themselves. Homeroom has never been interesting so I zone out and think about why Justin ditched me yesterday.

The day drones on by but as the clock ticks down to break I can feel the nerves begin to spike. My BioChem teacher seems to be going on and on about something I really don't care about. As the bells shrills I grab my things and practically run out of the classroom. As the hallways begin to fill with excited students my eyes look for the closest set of stairs. As soon as I lay my eyes on them, I walk towards them and I don't stop until I reach the roof of the school. I see his back to me but he hear me because he turns around. As usual I am greeted by those beautiful grey eyes that make my heart jump. I walk over to him and he takes me into his embrace. His smell fills my nostrils I find myself calming at his scent. I pull back and smile at him. "Hello."