Chapter 7- First Date

"I think older people can appreciate my music because I really show my heart when I sing, and it's not corny."~ Justin Bieber

I groan to myself in frustration. I can't seem to find anything perfect to wear to this date with Bruce. I know he didn't exactly say that it is a proper date but he did ask me out. The urge to pull my hair out runs through my body but instead I scream into my pillow; my poor hair has been pulled over one hundred times this last hour or so.

Let me explain. It is now half six and I have been trying to find something, anything, to wear tonight. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of clothes. Enough to last me a lifetime but I want to make an impression that Bruce won't forget. I know that I am behaving like a little teenage girl but I can't help it. I really like Bruce. Sure he is good looking but he has the most amazing personality, along with an award-winning smile... and those beautiful grey eyes that hypnotise me every time. Urgh! This is so hard!

"You okay hunny?"

"No. I don't know what to wear mom. Help me?" I pout at my mom pleading her with my eyes. I see eyes light up in amusement.

"I'll see what I can do!"

"Yay! Thanks mom! What shall I do?"

"Shut up, go and sit down on the bed while I work my magic." I laugh to myself before following her instructions.

Don't get me wrong. I am not those typical tom-boyish girls who can't do their own hair and make-up. I can. It is just when it comes to dates I don't really know what to do. I have never really had a boyfriend before so you can't blame me for being a lost case. I would usually go out with Justin or Justin wouldn't let me go out with any guy. Even though I had a brother- an annoying one at that- he still felt like it was his job to protect me. And no, it wasn't because he was jealous or anything... He had no reason to be.

Speaking of Justin... Me and him. I feel like we are slowly going back to normal. I have been spending so much time with him and I'm glad. I'm glad I gave him another chance. He is still same old Justin and that is what I love. Sure, he may have ignored me for almost a year but that is in the past and we have both moved on.

"Perfect." I look up at my mother holding up a black dress.

o.O.o.o.O.o

I stand up in my four inch heels. It is now 7:45 PM and Bruce will be here is 15 minutes.

"You look so beautiful!" My mom engulfs me into a very tight hug. Even though I know she is being a drama queen I hug her back; I mean her first and only daughter is going out on her first date. She pulls away and holds me at arm’s length. She wipes away her stray tears. "My baby is growing up."

"It's okay mom. Don't cry." She lets out a little laugh. "Er mom? Can I have a look at myself now?" Throughout the entire hour and a bit I wasn't allowed to look at myself even once. She wanted it to be a surprise. The entire time I was worrying about how I looked and what I would do if I looked horrendous.

She moves out of my way and I walk into my bathroom full-length mirror. I gasp at myself. I look so simple yet so elegant! Light bronze eye shadow is coating my eyelids accompanied by black eyeliner and both the top and bottom. Blush colours my cheeks while my lips are painted a beautiful red. My hair is up in a quiff and then brought to my right side in bouncy curls. My dress starts off with lace at the top. The arms go down to my elbows; all lace. The bottom of my dress a beautiful black silk starting from just under my breasts to just above my knee.