Chapter 39- Overdosed

"My fans aren't obsessed. They're just incredible and devoted."~ Justin Bieber

Justin's POV

They say that time is the only thing that can mend a broken heart. And to some extent, it is true. But time can't handle it on its own. It's too much hard work. Over the past few days I found another method to heal my broken heart. Ignorance. Just ignoring the pain and focusing on anything else helps life to go on. Not sitting there and moping around. I remember when Christie died and Amber wanting to go back to school. I remember trying to stop her but now I understand why she was so desperate to go back. It meant that she wasn't stuck in her real-life nightmare. It meant that she could escape for a little while. Spend a few hours to focus on re-building her heart. I don't have school but I have the studio.

Being in the studio is harder and easier to some extent. It means I can focus on writing music and expressing my feeling. But that also means all my music is depressing and about Avalanna. It's like a broken record that I can't stop from playing.

Scooter walks in and grabs something, giving me a nod of acknowledgement. I give him a stiff nod back and he walks out. Part of me moving on meant that I had to sort things out with Scooter. Things aren't particularly great nor are they like before but it will do for now. I won't forgive him for what he done. If he has just left me alone like I asked then I could have been there for her. I should have been there for her. Holding her hand. But the more I thought about it, a small part of me is thankful that I wasn't there. Because I know if I watched her die I would never be able to pick myself up again. Amber promised me that everyday breathing will get easier but if I saw her take her last breath not even a life support machine would be able to save me. I would have broken.

"Surprise!"

I jump, startled, when Miley walks into the room. I give her a smile as she walks in and embraces me in one of her tight hugs. I relax into her hug. "Hey Miles. I have missed you."

She pulls back and kisses my cheek. "I have missed you too. Sorry for not popping around as much. I just assumed that you would want space. It's good to see that you are back up and around again."

"Yeah... It feels a bit weird if I am honest. Subconsciously I keep making plans to go and see her and then I remember she isn't here anymore."

"You can always go and see her grave."

I scoff at the suggestion. "And have the paparazzi all over her grave? No thanks. I would never put her or her family through that. It really pisses me off at how they are claiming I am doing this for some publicity stunt. To 'fool' people into thinking I am a good person. How can people be so cold-hearted? I loved Avalanna and I never did whatever I did for publicity. I did it because she deserved that and so much more!" I rant, holding back tears.

Miley wraps her arms around me and kisses my forehead. "Ssh. Don't forget people are paid to twist the truth. You and your fans know it was all sincere and most importantly Avalanna knew. What anyone else thinks doesn't matter. Okay Chastin?"

I sigh. "Yeah. You are right. Sorry about that. Can we change the subject? I don't want to talk about it anymore."

"Yeah sure."

"What brings you here then?"

She shrugs. "Came to see you. Went to your house first but Amber told me you were here. How are things with Amber? Getting any closer?"