Trayodasha

"Oh my god," I hated the embarrassing squeaks of fear coming of my mouth whenever I saw Jin coming inside the overly spacious cottage with a  different pet each day. "Oh god."

In front of me on the wooden table was now a hybrid squirrel, who was literally growling back at me with it's golden eyes and trying to pluck out my nails and feast on them. Jin knew this, he saw this with his own eyes and yet the only thing he did was laugh.

And I just sighed.

He already had like six different pets in his house, now this was the seventh one. I didn't know why exactly I even planned on staying here instead of escaping his cottage on the very first day, but I stayed here and I had to envisage literally every little thing he did.

No doubt, he was a master in potions and healing, taking care of every little living being with utmost care. He's so benevolent and has such soft eyes for every creature who bows for him, except for maybe me.

I don't expect it either.

I heaved another sigh and decided to let go of my ego for once, why to compete with a damn squirrel who was overly monopolized with my already bit nails. I didn't get why exactly that squirrel was behind my dead cells, but I didn't like the idea of my ugly fingers looking even more disgusting without any nails at all.

I got up and looked around the cottage once again, deciding to busy myself in the kitchen like I always did ever since I arrived at this cottage. It's been three long days and I still couldn't get used to cooking a simple meal for two, but Jin did it with such ease and grace as if no one can ever compare to his style.

The squirrel didn't move from it's place, but began hooting in a very low pitched yet an irksome tone. I tried my best to ignore it and searched for some random utensil to make some ginger tea, knowing that Jin had a surplus stock of ginger. He had everything, and even if it wasn't there he wouldn't really take much time to go out in the woods and collect a lot of it again.

That brought me back to the actual thought; Jin was always outside. He only came back in the nights to sleep, but he wouldn't dare utter a word in the nights. In the morning, he would go back being his peppy self, jabbering away until I would literally poke my finger in and clean my ears.

He knew everything, yet he wouldn't utter anything.

However, I was a very beady-eyed girl, and the queen mother always scolded me for it. I would put all of my energy into observing and thinking of all possible tactics and never spend time for myself, and I clearly remember when queen mother forced me to put a hair pin in my hair.

All those memories only brought back the same eerie darkness to me, the despondency returning to me whenever I was left alone. The squirrel gave good company, at least it helped me from going insane, but I knew that someday I had to surrender to these inklings and let it all out. 

The only problem was, I didn't know how.

I hissed slightly when I felt my fingers burning from keeping it on the vessel for so long. I didn't know when exactly I started boiling the water, but my thoughts were so deep that I had to be alert and bring myself back from time to time.

This place was so distressing, yet so homely whenever I was slipping into my inquietude. I didn't quite understand the contrast this place held, but I understood the fact that my heart wasn't really ready to accept the warmth that this place held.

Maybe, a girl who was soft spoken would easily relate to this environment, and would mingle with the so called master named Jin.

I got up with two glasses of the ginger tea, hoping that this would be a tad bit edible. I didn't mind making food or a simple drink for others, but in others eyes I was just a warrior and I got habituated to that demeanor.

This time it wasn't really hard to find Jin, because today he specially excused himself with an enlivened face to do some farming, something about making some special dish with potatoes and a special type of pepper. I never really understood farming, and I always failed in it from the very beginning so I never set foot in another farm ever since I broke the plough accidentally. 

"Jin," I called out hesitantly while holding two cups under the blazing hot sun, squinting my eyes slightly to spot him. He turned around and waved at me, telling me to come into the ploughed field, but then again it was me who was who was stopping myself.

How could I even be a warrior at this rate?

Keeping my insecurities aside