Chapter 18

Sarah's POV

I layed on my side, in my bed, looking at a photo of my mom and I that was sitting on my nightstand. I wasn't crying anymore. That's only because theres no more tears left to shead.

I heard my door slowly creak open and Kian's head popped through the door. "Hey." He said giving me a smile. I could see the sadness in his eyes though. He must know.

"I'm guessing Luke told you?" My voice squeaked out. I cleared my throat, trying to get my voice back to normal after all the crying. He nodded his head, fully coming into the room now.

"I'm so sorry Sarah. It must be so hard." He sat next to me on my bed. I nodded my head, my eyes filling with tears again.

"It just brings back a lot of other bad memories to go along with it." I told him. "Like what?" He asked with a hint of curiousity. I shook my head, biting my lip.

His hand grabbed mine gently. I met his eyes for the first time since he came im the room. Instantly I felt calm. "You know you can tell me anything right?" He asked looking into my eyes. I knew I could trust him.

"After my mom passed away, my dad couldn't handle it. He became an alcoholic and would drink all the time. He would say he's going out and then not come home for 5 days. Luke and I became really worried. One night he didn't seem too drunk so I tried to talk to him. He blew up and got up in my face screaming at me. I knew it was going to get worse so I tried to leave but he grabbed my arm." My voice cracked from wanting to cry. Kian rubbed my shoulder, supporting me to go on.

"Next thing I knew Luke found me on the ground, bruises and blood all over me. My dad had beat me. Luke never left me alone with him again, until he left to go to college... He just left me alone. For another year, my dad beat me many times. He would call me all kinds of names and I would believe him. I felt worthless. Then one day he just never came home." I finished. I looked up at Kian to see his eyes watery.

"That picture in your living room." Kian mumbled more to himself than me.

"What?" I asked confused.

"That family picture you have, its ripped. You ripped off the part that your dad was in." He realized. I nodded.

"I'm out of his life, so he's out of mine. I couldn't ever look at his face again, so I removed him." I explained.

"No one should ever have to go through what you went through. You're the strongest person I know for surviving that." He said pulling me in for a hug. I felt him kiss the top of my head, making me blush.

"Sometimes I think I deserved it. I mean I wasn't the best daughter. I should've been nicer. I should've gotten him help and maybe he w-" I rambled on until Kian interrupted.

"Hey. Look at me." His hands lightly grabbed my face and turned it to face him. "You did not deserve any of it." He said looking me dead in the eyes. I nodded my head, not being able to speak. I was too focused on those big brown eyes staring at me.

We sat there for a minute staring, until i felt my face being pulled towards his and our lips connected.

------------------------------------------

And the kiss finally happens!

Idk I thought the chapter was going to be better than it turned out but oh well.

Happy late thanksgiving! Comment something you're thankful for.

I'm thankful for my family, friends, my horse Rori, and my good health (:

Vote, comment, follow and a that jazz (;

Thanks!