Chapter 9

Sarah's POV

Luke and I decided to go to the beach to hangout and catch up. I put on a bikini with a pink summer dress overtop of it for now. I slipped on some high heeled sandals and walked downstairs, to see Luke ready to go.

"Wow what happened to my sister?" He said shocked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Nothing, just why are you so.. um.. girly? You've always been more of a tomboy." Luke said trying to find the right words.

"Yeah well things change." I stated quickly. "Now can we go?" He nodded his head and we went out to the car.

Kian's POV

After leaving school, I needed to go some where to just calm down and relax. What better place to go then to the beach.

I parked my car and walked down the beach to find a good spot. As my eyes were scanning around, I caught a familiar face. Sarah. But she wasn't alone, she was talking and laughing with some guy.

Okay then. So she's been ditching school, to hangout with some guy? She could've at least told me, so I wasn't worried. But then again, why would she tell me? We aren't friends. I shouldn't even care, but for some reason I did.

Don't go over there Kian. You're setting yourself up for trouble. Turn and walk away. She isn't worth it.

Yet I found myself walking across the beach towards her and the guy. Before I knew it I was right in front of them.

"Hey Sarah." I said, causing her to look up at me.

Sarah's POV

"Hey Sarah" A voice said by me, i looked up at the guy, even though I already knew who it was.

Great just great. I would run into him when Luke is here.

"Oh, hi Kian." I said then turned my attention back to Luke, ignoring him.

"Why haven't you been at school?" He asked. Ugh can't he see I'm ignoring him.

"You haven't been going to school?" Luke questioned me. Thanks a lot Kian.

"Kian that is none of your business. And Luke please don't start. We'll talk later." I told them.

"I know but I was worried something happened to y-" I cut him off.

"Kian stop. You aren't my friend. I'm not a baby, I can take care of myself so why don't you just leave me alone. For real this time!" I snapped.

He rolled his eyes. "Alright. Sorry for caring." Was all he said before walking away.

"Uh what was that?" Luke asked from next to me. I picked up my stuff and stood up.

"I don't know what your talking about. Let's go home now okay." I began walking towards the car, not waiting for him.

Luke called after me "Sarah! Wait up!" I heard footsteps behind me, before a hand grabbed my arm stopping me.

"Seriously what's up with you. You dress and act different, and I realize I've been gone for years, but I know this isn't you." He said with concern in his eyes.

Instead of speaking, tears began to escape my eyes. "I'm sorry. I don't want to be this person, but I can't help it." I hugged Luke, softly crying.

"Sarah you should be the person who you want to be, don't worry about what other people say. If they don't like the real you, they don't deserve to be your friend. No more pretending okay?" He said. I really needed to hear that. For once in my life, I felt something that I haven't felt in a long time. Hope.

"I promise Luke. I'm gonna show the world the real me." I told him. I gave him a smile. A real smile.

"Good. Now let's go home okay?" We got in the car, but I couldn't go home yet.

"Actually can you drop me off some where? I need to fix something." I asked. He nodded.

I had to go talk to Kian.