Chapter 21

Kian's POV

"You look gorgeous by the way." I told her on the drive there. I looked to my side to see her blushing. "Thanks. You look good too." She told me.

"I know I do." I joked. She playfully hit my arm.

"Don't get too cocky." She said rolling her eyes. We were at a red light and I took this chance to observe her. She was staring out the window, her eyes taking in all the surroundings. Her hair was shiny from the sun and she was lightly biting her lip. Wow she really is gorgeous.

A loud beep startled us as I realized the light had turned green. "And don't get too distracted by my beauty." She laughed.

"Sorry, I can't help it." I replied, but I was serious. She smiled at me and we fell into a comfortable silence for the rest of the drive.

About 15 minutes later we pulled into a parking lot. We got out of the car and i led the way. Soon colorful lights were flashing and I looked at Sarah. Her eyes lit up and her mouth curved into a grin.

"Is this a carnival?" She said excited. I nodded my head. She sounded like a little kid and it made me happy.

"Well what are we waiting for?" She squealed. Her hand found mine and she ran towards the gate, pulling me with her.

I payed for our tickets and once again she dragged me inside. She took us straight to a cotton candy stand. "I should've known you would go to the food first." I joked. "Shut up, you know about my love for junk food." She laughed pushing my shoulder.

We waited in line for a roller coaster, sharing our cotton candy. She was practically bouncing when we got closer. "Someone's excited." I chuckled and wrapped my arm around her. She rolled her eyes. "I haven't been to a carnival since I was a kid. My mom used to take Luke and I all the time." I didn't reply, I just gave her a smile, and kissed her forehead.

After the ride, we played games, went in the fun house, and of course got more food. I somehow managed to win her a panda bear, which she had clutched in her arms. We were now on the ferris wheel, slowly making our way to the top.

"Thank you for tonight. It was perfect." She broke the silence. I smiled and told her she didn't have to thank me. "This seems so surreal." She said looking out over the small carnival below us. "What does?" I asked.

"All of this. You, me, the carnival, everything. It all seems too good to be true. A few months ago I was depressed and was a completely different person. I never imagined life could be this great. So much has changed since you came into my life and-" I took her face in my hands and kissed her, cutting her off.

"You probably don't realize but you've changed my life too." I told her. She smiled and pulled me back in for another kiss.

"Excuse me but you need to get off now." A man interrupted us. We were too busy kissing to notice we made it to the bottom of the ferris wheel. Sarah's cheeks turned red and she apologized to the worker.

Sarah's POV

Kian parked in my drive and told me to wait. I was confused until he came around and opened my door for me.

I laughed at his cheesy move but hopped out. "Such a gentleman." I winked at him. "I try my best." He replied.

"I had a lot of fun tonight and I hope to do it again soon?" He said more like a question. I smiled at him nodding. I walked over to my door, unlocking it. "Just let me know where and when." I said to him while opening my door and stepping inside.

"What no goodbye kiss?" He said puckering his lips. "Sorry gotta wait for the second date." I smirked. With that I closed the door, leaving him leaning against his car. I peaked out the window to see him shaking his head, laughing. He got in and drove away.

I closed my eyes, smiling. I was so overwhelmed with happiness from the night. That boy is going to be the death of me. It was only our first date and it already feels like we've been dating for a year.

"So how was your date?" Luke's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I went and sat next to him on the couch. "It was really nice." I tried to not make a big deal out of it, but i couldn't keep the huge grin off my face. "Aw my little baby sister is growing up." He said hugging me. I laughed and pushed him off me.

"Shut up, It was only our first date!" I said. "Sure but before you know it it will be your 50th date." He joked. I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "Whatever I'm going to bed. Night Luke."

His words stuck with me though. I know he was joking but I never really thought about it. What if Kian and I do turn this into a serious relationship? Just the thought gave me butterflies and made me feel warm.

Before I fell asleep, My phone buzzed with a text and Kian's name popped up.

'Goodnight beautiful. Already excited for our next date.'