The Gleam Eyes

(U/N) POV

It's been a few days since we last visited the 74th floor. Me and Liz were about to set out, as Jam protests with us leaving Jenn in her care. Jenn fit right in with our guild, in the mornings Punisher even makes her own special breakfast. Jenn wanted to come with us, but that floor is not a place for kids. She begged to come with us but the answer was no.

Me and Liz embark on today's adventure walking away from the guildhall. It became routine, teleporting to the highest floor. Once we arrived there was a crowd around some people. Liz and I made our way through to see what was happening. It looked like some guy dressed in red and white was challenging Kirito to a duel.

"This will be interesting," I say to Liz, as she nods

Kirito accepts the duel and the timer starts. Once it reaches zero the guy charges Kirito. Kirito started a skill and hung low to the ground, while the other guy starts his swing above his head. Once Kirito is below him he thinks he has the win, the sword slashes down on Kirito and Kirito swings his sword to block it. When the two weapons connected, Kirito does a spin and like a badass and comes out on top. The other guy's sword broke and scattered. They talk for a bit and then the guy equips a dagger and charges once again.

This time it was Asuna who flung the weapon away. They did some more talking and the guy gives Kirito a death stare. As he turns around to walk back to the teleport he equips another dagger and suddenly starts charging Kirito and Asuna who are unready to parry the attack. I figure I can step in, I activate Bolt and zip between them, this causes the guy to lose balance and fell on his face

"Mind if I join?" I say with a smirk as my sword gets pointed toward him.

"Hmph" he grunts as he finally teleports away from this floor

"Yo," Kirito says casually

"Wassup," I say has we bro hug

"Just partying with Asuna here" he replies

"haven't you two super close recently" I tease them

"Naaa" Kirito shrugs off as Asuna blushes

"Mind if we tag along for a bit?" I ask

"I don't see why not" Kirito responds

"Should be fine" Asuna says

We head out for a dungeon and start killing enemies. At some point, there was a split in the path and we split up. Me and Liz walked a path for a few hours until we started to head back. When we came across the path Asuna and Kirito went down, we were about to walk passed it until we heard a thundering roar.

"Trouble?" I ask Liz

"Yea probably" she replies.

We start to run the path tracking Asuna and Kirito. Eventually, we came across a large room with a few dozen players in it. Kirito had been restraining himself from entering but Asuna charged in to try and help save some of them. As I got closer I could see that this was the floor boss, and its name was The Gleam Eyes.

"(U/N)!" Liz calls out

"What?" I respond as I still run

"You can't, we don't have near as many people needed to take out a boss at this level" She continues

"But if I don't then all those people will die," I tell her, she remained silent as we covered another 50 meters. Once I was within range I started to call out for Kirito.

"Kirito! You all good!" I yell out to him

"Hurry!" He says has he charges in

Shit I need to be faster! I start picking up the pace as I leave Liz behind. Once I reach the room, I got the first glimpse of a blue-eyed demon. He was huge and carried a giant Longsword at least 4 meters long. He had the head of a bull and a body of a god. Kirito and Asuna were getting thrashed.

Cover me for a sec!" Kirito yells out as he enters his inventory probably to grab some lube or something

I join Asuna and a red-haired dude in protecting Kirito, once Liz arrived she helped too. It's didn't go well though, the boss targeted Kirito and swung his sword toward him. It looked like with would be a heavy hit, it surely would be fatal. Shit, if I don't do anything Kirito will be some sliced ham in a few seconds. I use flash to speed in-between Kirito and the sword. Then after I arrive I use Invisible blade. My sword was a good 3 meters shorter then the boss's. The boss's sword also looked a lot stronger.

It will come down to who's sword is stronger, both of our attacks power was roughly the same. As my sword meets his, I feel my entire body want to let go. I stand my ground and keep my feet planted, as both our swords struggle not to break. Then some pixels come from ahead of me and I'm held in suspense wondering which sword broke. My instincts tell me to raised my arm to block an attack.

From the pixels, I can see the sharp end of a sword, and I'm now I'm not holding a sword. The giant sword meets my forearm armour and I try to block the attack that way. I can see my health going down quickly, but I stopped the attack before it could reach Kirito. I just had to hold for a few more seconds. My health dropped below 1/8 and quickly went down to 1/16.

"Done!" Kirito yells

I let my legs collapse and arch my body so that the sword narrowly missed the rest of me.

When I hit the floor it was lights out