The Call for Help

Everything was going fine, the assault team just cleared floor 27. The MindSwords chat was amazing, everyone was attached to each other at the hip. I really did care for them. I was doing my routine levelling for the day, now on floor 27, my XP goal was 30'000 a day. Now I'm level 47 and still, I could fight on the front lines.

I was going about my business when I got a notification from the chat. This is weird, usually, no one is on at this point in time and I have my notifications on silent. I kill the last mob in my area and check the message.

Fuji: Help!                                        6 minutes ago
          1 Attachment

My heart dropped, I opened the attachment and saw that her location was in the plains of floor 17. I put in her location in my UI and I used a teleport crystal to travel to floor 17. By the time I arrived at the teleport plaza of floor 17, 4 minutes passed since I read the message. That means that 10 minutes have passed since she called for help, I just hope that someone else gets there before I do.

I take off sprinting toward the marker I set, I startled a lot of other players who were going about their day. I finally get out of the town and head straight to the plains, they were at least 8 minutes away at the pace I was going. As I running I couldn't help but think that if one of us dies nothing will be the same. I remember the time I described Max to them all, they all thought he would have been a great guy. That really made my day.

As I closed in on my target I could hear metal clashing against metal, I must be close. As I reached the peak of a hill, I could see it. 3 people were surrounded but at least 20 other players. I could barely make out but it seemed that only 2 were able to fight, the other was motionless. The 20 players greatly outnumbered the 2. I was about 700m away and as I studied the battle ahead I didn't think I'd have enough time to reach them

500m

300m

100m

10m

When I reached striking range, I power one of my many skills. My sword moved on its own. First, it sent an air slash toward one player, then when I was within a blade of another PKer, my sword hung low beside me and swiped up. I cut the player's arm clean off. Due to my momentum, I crashed into him and was flung into the middle.

I looked around to see Fuji was the motionless one, she was still alive.

" Thank god, I made it in time," I say huffing and puffing

I look to see who the other two were and find Jam and Harry.

Harry smiled, " O boy, Now you're all screwed, do you know who this is?" He asks the enemy players

They were quite confused and to be honest so was I.

Harry continued "Not only do you have one member from the assault team, but now you two" he yells buffing.

I just look at him with a WTF look

The players started to look uneasy.

" Hey (U/N), if we want to get outta here alive you need to attack them with all you got. You don't need to kill them but just show them they picked a fight with the wrong people. Don't hold back and don't worry about your stamina, we can't take these guys on but they don't know that." Harry says whispering