"Thank you Luci I think I will. Been up half the night and it's already noon." Mr. Cobb told me. 

"Do you want me to make you some lunch. I think there's some stew left--" Mr. Cobb cut me off. 

"No thanks Lassie. I'm goin ta bed. Wake me if y'all need me." Mr. Cobb said to me walking up the steps to his and Mrs. Cobb's room. I looked over at my daughter who was now sound asleep again. I took a sip of my tea when there was a small knock on the door. I got up and walked over to the door to opened it I saw Sally Matthews. 

"Sally, please come in." I said to her. 

"I'm sorry Mrs. Gilbert, I-- I ----" I pulled her into my arms. The poor girl began to cry. 

"Will you like some hot tea Sally." I asked her. She wiped her tears off. 

"That would be nice. Mama and I used to have tea together all the time." Sally told me. We walked into the kitchen and sat down at the small table. 

"I know how hard it is to lose a mama at a young age." I told her. She looked at me. 

"You lost your mama too." Sally Matthews asked me. 

"Yes I did. My pa killed her then he hanged himself in the barn. I was only 16 years old." I told her. Not a lot of people know that. Sally looked at me. 

"What am I going to do? My mama died and all my pa has left is my older brother Tim who lives in Oregon and me." Sally said to me. I reached for her hand. 

"All you can do is pray. Your mama was very and I do mean very blessed to have you as a daughter." I told her. Sally looked at me. 

"You really think so Mrs. Gilbert." Sally asked me. I smiled at her. 

"Oh yes. Plus my mama and Brantley's mama are showing her what your life is going to be like and she will be very happy with your life." I told her. Sally began to cry again. 

"Where's your pa at?" I asked her, after I wiped my tear away. 

"He's home. He told me to come into town to see Doc and asked him if he needed help. Doc don't want me around there. What am I going to do now Mrs. Gilbert?" Sally asked me. I smiled at her. 

"You can help me. I was going to start cleaning for Mrs. Cobb. You can help me. Unless you want to go back to your pa---" Sally cut me off. 

"I rather help you. Pa needs to be alone now. He's been talking to the barn the last 2 days." Sally told me. I smiled at her. 

"Well, we better get started. Plus we can't have Otto seeing you like this." I said to her. Sally looked down at the floor. 

"Otto dont want me. I know that I'm just a silly girl." Sally said to me. I smiled at her. 

"Boys are slower then girls when it comes to time on liking each other." I told her.

"Did you court a few different boys before you and Mr. Gilbert got together." Sally asked me. I smiled at her. 

"No not really." I told her getting up form my seat. 

"I'm sorry Mrs. Gilbert if I said something I shouldn't have." Sally said to me. I looked at her. 

"When you get older Ms. Matthews I think we will be best friends." I told her. Sally smiled at me. 

"You really think so Mrs. Gilbert." Sally said to me. I walked over to her and handed her a dish towel. 

"Oh I know we will. Plus you are one of my best students. You have great grades you could easy get out of here if you wanted too." I told her. Sally got up and helped me. 

"I could never leave this town. I love it here so much." Sally told me. I smiled at her. 

"It does grow on you don't it." I told her. Sally looked at me. 

"What is it dear?" I asked her. 

"Do you think Otto and Mr. Gilbert are safe." Sally asked me. I smiled at her. 

"They better be. If not Mr. Gilbert will be in a lot of trouble when he gets back home." I told her. All we can do is pray and hopefully they will be back in no time. 

"I'm glad you moved her Mrs. Gilbert. I don't know what I would do if you want here." Sally told me. 

"Oh Sweetie." I pulled her into a hug. 

"Both of our men will be back soon. Just wait and see." I told her. Sally smiled at me. 

"Now how about we start some dinner. You like fried chicken." I asked her. 

"Yes ma'am." Sally said to me. 

"Okay. I'm going to cheek on Lydia then I'll be right back to help you." I said to her. I walked out of the kitchen to cheek on my daughter who was sound sleep. I looked down at her. 

"Oh Lydia your papa better come home." I said to my 4 month old daughter. I laid a kiss on her fat little cheeks, before I went back into the kitchen to help Sally to start dinner for everyone tonight. 

A/N

HOPE YOU ALL LIKED IT. 

UPDATES WILL BE SOON. 

HAVE A GREAT DAY. 

PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE.