Chapter 7. So Bad

Marshall stepped out of the shower, pulling on a white t-shirt and dark blue jeans

He'd sent Ella back to the hotel after the show to get ready.

He wanted to take her out but the hysteria over him made it difficult so he set up something at the hotel.

That and it was late so they would most likely not get into anywhere.

He'd skipped the after party for now, he didn't want to repeat last night.

He could still see the disappointed look in her eyes.

She had said it was fine and she had understood which led him to believe she was once caught up in someone else's negative bullshit.

He phone rang through the suite and he turned it on silent.

Fuck her, he wasn't dealing with that bullshit tonight either, he had other plans.

———

He opened the door to see Ella standing there in Her yellow puffer jacket, crop top and low as hell jeans.

"Hi!" She smiled.

Marshall stepped aside so she could walk in and she placed her bag down on the bench turning to look at him.

"So I didn't know what you ate so I just uh, ordered a few things" Marshall said gesturing to the food over the coffee table.

Ella looked behind him and saw burgers, wings, fries, tacos, burritos a few deserts and some salads.

"That's great! I love burgers!"

He nodded over to the couch for them to sit down and handed her a plate and filled two glasses with Bacardi and coke.

"I'm glad coz I ain't into that fancy food" Marshall chuckled filling his plate with tacos and fries "I'm a taco man myself"

"You can't go wrong with a good taco though" Ella smiled.

"I was thinking we could just eat, have some drinks, chill and maybe watch a movie? Make up for being an asshole and space cadet to you lastnight"

"Really Marshall you don't have to make it up to me at all, you were in pain" she said shaking her head "I use to do the same thing when I was upset"

He eyed Ella as he bit into his taco listening to what she was saying, there was an emotion in her eyes but he couldn't figure out if it was fear, hurt or pain.

"You did?"

"Yeah, I use to self medicate when I was with my ex" She replied slowly as if to gage his reaction, when he nodded she continued.

"He was awful to me but at that time in my life I was so clouded with what I thought was love, I didn't know it was bad for me, I was stupid and had nobody but Sara, who I didn't listen too at the time, I was blinded by what I though was love, I guess you could say"

She picked at her plate and took a bite out of her cheeseburger.

"He use to gaslight and emotionally abuse me, I didn't know any better because my parents are both alcoholics" She sighed "I'd never had anyone teach me what a normal healthy relationship is"

"That's fucked up girl" Marshall said in shock.

His blood boiled thinking someone would do someone like Ella wrong like that.

"Whenever he made me feel bad I would drink myself unconscious or take enough drugs so it would numb my mind"

Marshall felt guilty as it was exactly what he did last night and Ella still looked after him.

The messed up thing is that she knew exactly how to look after him because she use to go through it.

"With Sara's help I eventually broke up with him after a long dragged out waste of time and we moved to the other side of Detroit, sobered up and worked on my self esteem again" Ella smiled at the thought of her loyal best friend "Which leads me to the reason why I hardly drink or do drugs like I use too, I try to keep it social and under control"

"I can't believe someone would want to hurt you like that" Marshall said gesturing to her "You're fucking not only gorgeous but down to earth, kind as hell and literally the dopest girl I've ever met"

Ella blushed and smiled shyly, she was still star stuck, she couldn't believe she was sitting with Marshall Mathers and he was calling her gorgeous among other things.

"You get naked for me and have me fuck your brains out but me complimenting you makes you blush girl?" Marshall Chuckled "You're one interesting girl Ella Baxter"

———

They finished eating and settled on the couch to watch a movie, making out on and off during the boring scenes.

Marshall kept her cup full the whole time.

He eventually had her to lay next to him on the wide couch, he placed slow but passionate kisses on her lips and they deepened every moment.

He was caught up in his head in one of those internal battles as well, he didn't want her to leave tomorrow, but he knew she had too and he had to continue the tour.

He started to put a plan in place, maybe flying her to see him again? At least until the tours over then he'll be back in Detroit and she can come see him there.

Him and Kim had broken up so she'd moved out, Well he thought they had, Kim in the other hand struggled to understand what break up actually means.

"I'll be right back" Ella smiled, she got up and went to the bathroom.

He sat up and shook his head.

He couldn't understand what was running through his head, he found himself going over things in his head yet again, why the fuck was he making future plans suddenly he's never done this before.

Ella walked back into the room with just a singlet and shorts on "Thought I'd get more comfortable"

Marshall ran his hands over her bare legs and up and down her sides.

He loved the feel of her.

"Wanna head to bed then?" He smirked pulling her up, dragging her into the room and throwing her on the bed climbing on top of her, shaking the last internal conversation he was having with himself.

"I have to make up for last night, I promised you wouldn't leave here walking normal" he whispered on her ear, feeling her shudder underneath him as he ran his hands under her singlet and lifting it over her head before laying her down again.

She smiled as he sat on top of her in awe.

"I'm gonna make this night last forever baby" He said as he leans down to catch one of her breasts on his mouth, kissing and sucking slowly.

This also silenced the voices on his head.

No more debabting tonight.