Chapter Twenty Seven

Upon opening her eyes, she instantly recognized the place. She's inside one of the detention rooms in their headquarters. Although she wondered how many hours she's been knocked out, her mind instantly shifted to Brickley.

When she tried to move and get up, that's the time she noticed that both of her hands were handcuffed to the side of the bed railings.

She is now being treated as a prisoner by her own organization. And that feeling was not new to her. She has been imprisoned for a very long time before, but this time, it was her own choice that has led her there.

Akma sana siyang magwawala upang makakuha ng atensyon para malaman kung nasaan dinala si Bricks at kung ano ang ginawa rito nang mapahinto siya dahil sa boses na nagsasalita.

It was Hacker's voice and it is quite odd because it came from the other cell inside the room.

Nakita niya na nakaupo sa labas ng selda niya si Sniper habang malungkot na nakatitig sa kabilang selda na malamang ay kinaroroonan ng binata. Nagtataka siya kung ano ang ginagawa rin ng lalaki sa loob at kung bakit ito nakulong doon gaya niya.

"I told you stop being so grouchy, Agent. You look hot when you're a snob but you look two times hotter when you smile, Sweetheart. So please just keep on smiling." Pagbibiro pa ng binata.

"Stop it Stew! It's not funny!" Bulyaw ni Reese na halatang naiiyak na sa inis. "Don't you know how I'm feeling right now? I feel guilty because I shot you! I don't want to do it but damn, you didn't give a choice back there."

Napakunot ang noo niya sa narinig mula rito.

Sniper shot Hacker? Pag-ulit niya sa kanyang isip. Dagger shot me too. What's with all these shooting about? Patuloy niya sa pagkausap sa sariling isip. Well you almost shot Dagger in the head too, remember?! Singit naman ng kabilang isip niya. I'm sure if you're in his shoe, you'll be shooting yourself too with no doubt.

She shook her head to stop the voices inside because it just makes her crazier even more.

"If I told you to let us go, would you do it? Would you help me?" Narinig niyang tanong ni Hacker.

Hinihintay niya ang sagot ng dalaga ngunit wala siyang narinig. Nang silipin niya ito ay nakita niya ang pag-aalinlangan nito na tila nahihirapan sa tanong ng lalaki.

"Just what I thought." Si Stewart ulit. "I knew you wouldn't do it even if it was me who asked."

Hindi niya naiintindihan ang nangyayari sa dalawa kaya't nagpatuloy lang siya sa pakikinig.

"Why did you do it? Why are you protecting her? She's our enemy."

Doon napukaw ang atensyon niya. At kung tama ang narinig niya ay may ginawa rin si Hacker na halos nalalapit sa ginawa niya kaya ito nabaril ng kasamahan nila. Iyon ba ang dahilan kaya't nakakulong din ito roon gaya niya?

Did he betrayed the team and their organization just like the way she did? If it's true then she is so shocked to learn about that. Of all person, she thinks that he was the least to do something like that. Betrayal was far from Hacker's vocabulary because he came from a family of soldiers and he is also the Chief's son.

But just like the things she thought she knew, she was wrong.

"It's hard to explain, but she's not as bad as you thinks she is." Sabi ni Stew na halatang nahihirapang magpaliwanag.

Parang naririnig niya ang sariling isip dahil ganoon din ang dahilan niya kay Brickley. Hindi ito masamang tao at may nag-uutos lamang dito. Naniniwala siya na hindi nito ginusto ang mga nangyari at naging sunod-sunuran lamang ito dahil kailangan.