The light in the room dimmed as Jisoo spoke, "I don't need to ask him anything."

Jennie's temple twitched as Jisoo's gaze bore into her. War...they were already in one. What would it mean to start another? Where would they even begin? Where would it end? The questions compounded as she continued staring at her best friend.

Jisoo was the first to falter as another wave swept over her eyes, "Did you not hear," she whispered, "What he insinuated," a tear fell.

"You are still the rightful heir to the throne," Suga jumped in, "The king is delusional, has been for months now. No one can trust his word."

"That is right," added Max, "King Eon is a fool. Jisoo, you are the only one capable in all of Agara of sitting on the throne."

She wiped her eyes, "I don't know anymore"

Suga glanced slyly at Jennie, "He did visit Jimin's village not so long ago," Lisa perked up, "From what I've heard he didn't inform any of his Council as to what the visit was about. Perhaps," he looked at Jisoo, "he went over to offer Jimin the throne. Perhaps your brother accepted it."

Jisoo's head flung back, gaze returning to Jennie, "Did you know about this?"

"Ofcourse not," she answered earnestly, "And I believe Jimin doesn't either. I've been in the village for the past couple of days now, and there has been nothing out of the ordinary."

"But still," said Jisoo, "You aren't invited into their meetings. Perhaps Suga may have a point," Jisoo gritted her teeth as her mind begun to buzz, "Has Chaeyoung said anything to you?"

Jennie froze, "No, and I'm certain she knows nothing. Jimin didn't even inform her of their father's visit."

Jisoo squinted, "So you did know?"

Jennie's mouth opened, hands on her hip, "You also knew about your father's visit. What I'm saying is that I don't know what it was about," Jisoo's head tilted, taking in her friend's words.

"We can speculate all we want," Lisa stepped in, "What we need to do is find out the truth."

"I agree," said Jennie, "And then act," Jisoo looked between them, jaw tightening.

"No," she said, "We find out the truth and act at the very same time," she walked past Jennie and pulled out two seats, "We don't have much time," said the princess, "Jen," she gestured with her eyes for her to sit, "You can lead the meeting as we formulate a strategy."

Looking over to Lisa, Jennie saw support in her gaze. Her lips formed into a thin line as she briskly walked towards the seat. Lisa followed. And as they sat down next to the princess, Jennie felt the pain slither again, as if its skin was shedding inside of her.

Stretching up, Kat's fingers got hold of the bottle. Two glasses in the other hand she walked to the fridge and placed some ice in each. Returning to the resting room, she sat down. Eyeing the brown liquid as she finished pouring, Chae took a sniff as the glass was handed to her.

"It's not as strong as it looks," said Kat.

Shrugging Chae sipped freely. It charred down her throat, her tongue curling. Kat laughed at the pulling of her mouth, "It's stronger," she chuckled taking a sip of her own. The burning lasted some seconds before a welcomed warmth engulfed the pit of her stomach, impressed, Chae took another sip.

"It's very good."

"I made it myself."

"From what?"