Prologue (When shit started)

Indi yawned as she walked out of her apartment, just the average morning off to work once again. New York, great isn't it. She grabbed her coffee off the counter at the shop.

"See you tomorrow Layla," She called to the girl at the counter as she left for work. She walked around the back alleyway, took off her purple jacket and unfolded her wings carefully. She tied her jacket around her waist and got ready for take-off.

"Hello girly, nice to see you again." A tall buff guy sneered, and he stood in front of Indi, two other guys stopped slightly behind him.

"Again, seriously," she rolled her eyes, "how do you guys even find me?" Indi had moved twice in the past six years because of these guys, they call themselves 'the Angel hunters' how ironic.

"It's easy when you can hack a satellite." The guy grinned. Indi rolled her eyes and looked to the sky; storm clouds were forming rapidly.

"It looks like you've upset my mother," She laughed and flapped her wings taking off into the sky. What Indi didn't expect was a helicopter waiting for her at the top, in the helicopter were armed men.

"Shit!" she squeaked and quickly flew away. She was faster than them, but they had the advantage of guns. It started to pour with big fat drops of rain.

"Seriously Mum, what did I do?" Indi whined as a bullet flew past her ear causing her to scream in fright. Bullets flew past her as she raced away, she began to see the Avenger's tower in the distance. Surly they wouldn't shoot me there, she hoped. She felt something hit her leg, she didn't dare look. She knew it was a bullet, but as soon as she look Indi knew she would feel much pain. The Avenger's tower was so close she just had to fly a little closer and land.

Meanwhile in the Avenger's tower...

The Avengers sat in the main room bored to death.

"Strip poker anyone?" Tony suggested pouring himself coffee.

"Is that really all you can think about." Natasha rolled her eyes from the lounge,

"What? I always win and it's fun." he laughed, "What you working on?" Tony asked Bruce.

"Nothing to do with you," Bruce replied, "now leave me alone I'm trying to focus." Tony laughed and added a shot of alcohol to his coffee.

"Seriously, this early in the morning," Steve disapproved. Tony shrugged,

"I got a feeling that somethings gonna happen today."

"Ok," Steve gave up and started chatting with Clint.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Indi's POV

I flew, I was so close to the tower. I knew Tony had seem me because he was trying to get the other's attention. I felt a bullet pierce my wing, it caused me to cry out in pain. I was losing altitude, so I smashed through the window in the main room and landed on a pile of glass. The first thing I heard was Tony shouting, I told you so! Accusingly. I opened my eyes, which I had closed in my fall and sat up in the glass. I was cover in cuts from head to toe.

"Come on, this was a new shirt." I grumbled as I pulled at my grey shirt, which was now blood stained, I cursed my dad.

"Argh, Fuck you Dad." I sighed. I started feeling the pain and stood up trembling, brushing the pieces of glass off myself.

"Kid, you ok?" Tony asked me,

"One; I'm not a kid, I'm twenty -three and two; do you really think I'd be ok after being chased by those assholes my whole life." I asked gesturing to the helicopter slowly approaching. I could see them holding guns ready to fire.

"Oh shit, I'm really sorry. I'm gonna go or they will shoot this place to hell and my dad would not be happy." I winked, most of the Avengers were still in shock. I hated being on the run and with a hole in my wing I wasn't going to get far, if anywhere.

"Wait, you can't fly, you'll hurt yourself," Steve said grabbing my wrist. I pulled away from him.

"I'm sorry, but I can't let you get hurt because if me," I answered shaking my head, I pulled a large shard of glass out my shin with a wince. They all shuddered as they watched, I shrugged and jumped out the window.

The firing started again as I flew, I heard a jet coming up slowly behind me. Another bullet hit me I gasped as it collided with my ribs. I needed to go somewhere they couldn't get to me. I saw a forest and dived for it, my wing flattered, and I fell into the forest instead of landing softly, and guess what I had, a stick in my right shoulder how fun. I whimpered as I pulled it out and stood up, I started limping away. Every step was agony, blood dripped leaving a trail behind me. I was losing a lot of blood; I was barely conscious. I heard jets land behind me, I turned around and saw the ironman suit. I clutched my shoulder, my shot wing draped on the ground behind me.

"Hey Tony, fancy seeing you here." I smiled sheepishly.

"Yeah, need a lift kid," he asked taking off the mask, I smirked and limped over to him. I kicked him behind the knee with my good leg and punched the side of his face, cutting his lip.

"I told you, I'm not a kid. Let's go." I offered him my hand and helped him up. My eyes flutter a little and I had an overwhelming sensation of dizziness, I leant against a tree to regain my balance. Tony had worry written on his face.

"I'm fine, real-" I started, I closed my eyes as I felt myself sway and collapse.