36|*bonus 2* The Brunch

_________________________________________12 months after competition; before epilogue~

12 months after competition; before epilogue
~

Kat Lovelace knew today had to be perfect. There was a lot going into today that made it have to go perfectly.

And Kat was far from perfect, she had a long line of past enemies that would vouch for that too.

But she was different now, being with Ryder and growing with him, made her into her own perfect.

Today Jackson was coming over for a lunch, it was the first time he was allowed to come over to her house. Everything was still very very rocky between her and her mother, but they were working through it.

She couldn't believe it had been a month since the first time she saw her little brother, she had Ryder to thank for that. He was the one who pushed her to call her mom.

Most tense phone call of her life, and the dinner they'd set up was even more tense.

Regardless the day had arrived, it was going to finally be Jackson and her under one roof.

Today was also Ryder and Kats one year anniversary, so on top of Jackson coming over for a brunch, all their friends and family were coming over too.

And the cherry on top.

Kat and Ryder were announcing her pregnancy with baby Rhys.

So as you can imagine, she was a little on edge.

"RYDER GIOVANNI BANE! WHERE DID YOU PUT THE FRESH PEACHES!"

Just a little.

"Babe, why are you freaking out?" He groaned walking down the stairs.

"Freaking out? Freaking. out. We have one hour before everyone gets here, I still need to make the fruit purée and the fruit salad, the table isn't set, I don't even have a shirt on, and I can't. Find. Those. Over priced. Fucking. Peaches!" She basically screamed out, running her fingers through her hair from frustration.

Ryder stared at her for a moment before wordlessly waking over to her. He flicked a towel away and held up the bag of peaches.

Kat looked at the peaches, then at him, and let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry, I'm being crazy, I'm just stressed because this is a really big day and-"

Ryder crashed his lips down on hers shutting her up, she melted immediately into the kiss. His lips fitting perfectly on hers as his hands found her hips pulling her in close to his body. She moaned softly into the kissed slipped her tongue into his mouth.