29

Unexplainable, a love that only we could understand, yeah
I know there's nothing I can do to change it, but is there something that can be negotiated?
My heart's already breaking, baby, go on twist the knife
___________________

"SO HOW'D you get your hands on a fake Fairy Godmother wand?" Mal asked.

"Remember the 3D printer in my room?" Carlos said.

Mal tapped her chin. "Ah. Impressive."

Carlos shrugged, leaning against a pinball machine.

There was a noticeable tension in the group. Every time someone said something, the words were strained. There was obviously a lot that had to be explained, but Jay's dismissal proved now wasn't the right time. And honestly right now I think we're all just glad to be alive.

"Hey uh, Brae?" Jay said, turning my way.

"Hm?"

"You should go check on Em. She's taking forever to find whatever she left here."

I nodded, then took the staircase upstairs to where apparently Celia's room was. Dr Facilier had closed the arcade because of our arrival, claiming we'd "scare off the customers". I got to Celia's bedroom door and just as I was about open my mouth to say something, I was completely taken back by what I saw.

Emma had pulled Celia in right when I showed up at the doorway, and kissed her right on the lips.

My jaw dropped and my head spun with questions but I snapped back into reality and dodged behind the wall just as they broke apart. It was a quick kiss, so I was lucky to have hid before it ended. Embarrassed, I crept back downstairs as quietly as I possibly could.

If I see any more people kissing this week I think I'm gonna lose my mind. Carlos staring at me as I came down wasn't helping.

I couldn't bare looking at him without getting taunting flashbacks.

"Everything good?" Uma asked.

"Yeah." I replied awkwardly, "Em is... a little busy right now."

"Well she should really hurry up." Jay sighed, looking genuinely tired.

"I'm coming. I'm coming." Emma called as she and Celia climbed down the stairs, "Sorry."

"Found what you were looking for?" Evie asked.

Uh. Yeah, I think she totally did.

Celia and Emma shared a look, then Celia answered "Yeah, she just needed a little help". Emma raised a teasing eyebrow at her.

Uma fist bumped Mal. "I'll see you next time you decide to visit and risk my life."

Mal cracked a smile. "Of course." She said, "Thanks for whatever the heck that shell necklace of yours did."

Uma looked down at it. "Ursula's magic." She explained, touching it, "I didn't expect it to work."

"It's not supposed to work on the Isle." I noted, "I guess you're special."

Uma snorted, then walked over to me. "It was nice catching up with you too, Isle Orphan." She said, punching my shoulder.

"Back atcha'." I smiled.

"Let's go home." Evie said.

Home never felt better after almost twenty four hours of tunnels and pirate ships and vicious dogs. We decided we'd tell Fairy Godmother part of the truth. Cause how else could we explain how we got the ember? She claims the Isle is sealed off but magic can still be used. There's definitely a need of adjustments.