14

When you walk out the door
and leave me torn
You're teaching me to live without it
Bored, I'm so bored, I'm so bored, so bored
___________________

I HELD up the pocket watch for everyone to see.

"Oh right." Mal quickly flipped through the book again, "I think I saw something on watches... found it!"

We did the best we could to crowd around her in the tight space. The Fairy Godmother, who stood closest to her, skimmed through the words.

"The pocket watch... an object that allows time to be reversed..."

"Reversed?" I said.

"Yes." Fairy Godmother said gravely, "It can basically control time. And we do not want that in Maleficent's possession... Time control can be extremely dangerous."

"Here." I said to her, placing the pocket watch in her palm, "I'd rather you keep it then."

The Fairy Godmother showed her appreciation with a simple nod.

"Well, at least now we know why Maleficent wants it back." Evie noted, flipping her blue hair over her shoulder.

With nothing more to do, we left the secret room and went back outside. Fairy Godmother sealed the secret entrance shut. Emma looked a tad discouraged.

"We're one step closer." Carlos told her.

"Yeah." She smiled.

Fairy Godmother spoke. "I'll continue the search tomorrow."

"Do you still need our help?" Jay asked.

She shook her head. "No. But I'll contact you if I do." She waved goodbye, and walked away.

"Mal, can I take you somewhere?" Ben asked eagerly, "It's been a while."

"Of course." Mal replied, clasping his arm and turning towards the rest of us, "I'll see you guys later."

"Have fun." I said, before squinting at Ben playfully, "The rules haven't changed." I reminded him.

Ben laughed. "I know. I know. I'll take care of her I promise."

Eventually, days passed and there was still no news from Fairy Godmother. We sent Emma home because the guilt of leaving her mom alone was eating her up. There was a stretch in time after she left. The excitement of getting to know more about this new part of my life was gone, instead it was replaced with a desperate need to learn more.

Is my birthday actually my birthday? Where was I born exactly? How did Maleficent managed to get ahold of me when I was little? Why did she choose to let me go?

I was in my room, watching Mal doodle again. Because this girl has no hobby except poking things with a stick.

"Isn't being with Carlos more entertaining?" Mal asked teasingly, leaning back and turning her head towards me.

I shrugged from my bed. "He said he has something to do."

She crunched up her nose. "What's that something?"

"No idea."

"Well." Mal stood up and grabbed me by the arm, "You should go see if Evie is up to something."

I let her push me out the room.

"Don't like me watching you draw?" I questioned, concerned.

"Nah I don't mind." She replied, "But you've been staring for over an hour and I think there are way more interesting things for you to do."