|1|

There are days I'm horrified, that you won't be by my side.
- Victor Internet

"Follow me and stay quiet." The gray hair man whispered to his anbu team.

"Jeez, I understand that you're the captain, but why do you have to be so harsh," (Y/N) whispers back while following her captain's order.

"(Y/N) has a point Kakashi, we're just making sure these jounin give the scroll to one of the outskirt village shinobi," the Uchiha whispers back, chuckling a bit.

"It's not a challenging mission" (Y/N) mumbles to the Uchiha, making him smile and shake his head, disapproving of her comment. He knew their captain wouldn't react kindly to what she said.

"Treat every mission like an S rank mission," chimed Kakashi while glancing back at (Y/N). Her cheeks flushed a red tint, and a sorry look appears on her face. Kakashi couldn't help but feel guilty for making her feel discontent. It was out of her character to be unhappy.

Focus, Kakashi thought to himself. No distractions focus on the mission. He repeats, looking down at the leaf shinobi, who were now taking a break. Having (Y/N) on the team proved to be a challenge. He found himself always watching her and making sure she wasn't in harm's way.

Though it was pointless, her speed and taijutsu skills were superb. Let's not forget the Nara Clan's shadow bind techniques she had mastered, but still, he doesn't ever want to see her in any pain. He would never admit it, but (Y/N) did make her way into Kakashi's heart.

Her bright light beamed in his dark shadow. Pretty unexpected since she can manipulate shadows in an extraordinary way. As the trio watched over the other leaf shinobi, Kakashi realized that (Y/N) was nowhere to be seen.

"Itachi, where is she?" Kakashi asked, looking through the area in a somewhat panicked pace.

"She went to scope out the area she should be coming back soon," he responded and leaped right beside Kakashi. Within seconds (Y/N) appears right next to Kakashi as well.

"Clear didn't see anything out of the ordinary," she reported, which made Kakashi calm down after seeing her safely beside him.

It's fine; she's by my side like she should be. Kakashi reassures himself taking a quick glance at (Y/N). A small smile placed on her face, for once the young Nara felt like she belonged.