When I got to my Defense against Monsters class a dragon was chained down to the ground. "Greetings everyone," Stalion, a man who was the Warrior Beast Tamer. His job was to go to the various campuses to show them various beasts not easily captured. "Can anyone identify this beast?" "It's a dragon," One of the third years said. "Not quite," He told him. I studied the beast. I had a feeling on what it was, but I would have to get closer to be positive. "May I get closer," I asked him. He nodded, "You may get as close as you like. If you end up killed, that's on you." I nodded and approached the beast. From what I've read, I knew to approach the beast in the front. Once I was up to it, I had to have a staring contest. The first to blink, loses and is deemed weaker. What many don't know is that dragons don't need to blink. They blink at those they deem worthy enough to lose that single moment of sight around. I stared at the beast till it blinked. I smiled and ran my hand over its snout in greeting before going over to its neck. When I saw the gills I smiled. "Its an Aquais Dragon. They able to swim a deep depths in the oceans as well as fly higher than any other dragon. It looks like Emberian, but you must pay close attention to the small details. The first one being the gills in its neck." I then went over to its large claws, "And the webbing between its toes. I also know that chain around it's snout was to throw us off since Aquais dragons can't breathe fire. They're known to just toss their prey into the air and catch them in their mouths, chomping on them like a dog with a treat." "Do you know why they can't breathe fire," He asked me. "Because the pocket that would be used for the gas Emberian's have is used to store extra oxygen for when they fly to great altitudes," I replied while he removed the chain from the snout.

"And how is it you know so much," He asked me. "You wrote an entire textbook on monsters in great detail," I said. "After facing that dragon during the games, I thought it best I learn about the various beasts. I read that book from cover to cover, memorizing every detail." "A well read Warrior, is a Warrior who can survive anything," He said.

After that class continued on how to be able to tame wild dragons to use them as aid in battle. "Our flying legion is a group of warriors who ride in on dragons. Only the best can become part of the legion. After watching the games, I have made a list of student warriors who I will be inviting to train over the summer to gadge on whether or not you you all would be a good fit. Your trainers will be giving them to you during your one on one training later today."

I was very much against the idea of flying on a dragon. It wasn't because I had a fear of them. It was my fear of heights. We don't exactly get along. The thought alone, made me want to be sick.

After the rest of my classes and one on one training with Batair, I was happy I didn't get an invitation. I went to my dorm for a quick shower before dressing and meeting  Jocelyn outside of her House entrance. She lead me inside and up to her room. Becca laid on her bed reading a fashion magazine. She scoffed when she saw me, "What are you doing in my room?" Jocelyn rolled her eyes, "It's my room too." Jocelyn took me over to her corner of the room and grabbed her measuring tape. "Joseph got an invitation to go this summer to that legion training thing," She told me. I raised an eyebrow, "Really?" She nodded, "Yeah." "You two seem to have gotten pretty close," I noted with a teasing smile. "He's an idiot," she grumbled. "I give the mutt obvious signs I'm interested, and he doesn't make a move. Then when I've given up hope, he does something completely stupid to make me have hope for him again." She sighed, "What was it like when you two dated?"

I couldn't help my laugh, "What we did, wasn't dating. We used each other to make ourselves feel better. And that's his problem. He doesn't know the first thing about having a relationship. The mutt needs obvious signs and a good hard kick in the right direction. But once he figures things out, you wont regret having hope for him." She smiled softly, "If you say so." She finished getting my measurements then we talked about what material would work best for the outfit. "We don't want the top to look like a swim suit piece," Jocelyn said as she looked over the design. "What are you guys even talking about," Becca sighed, clearly her curiousity getting the best of her. "My outfit for the Dragon Festival. It's coming up and I haven't been able to find anything to wear. What I choose will become tradition if there are any other female warriors so I have to make an impression," I decided to share with her. I had to hand it to Becca, if anyone knew anything about fashion, it would be Becca. "The customs for the Festival are based off of Ragior customs. Our friend Mirio designed this, and Jocelyn is going to make it." I showed her the sketch. She sat up and looked it over.

"You could use a nice matte black fabric that you would also use as the base layer of the skirt. For the skirt, mix the fabric textures throughout the layers. Keep the top simple, and let the skirt make the statement. It will make it an outfit that will forever be in style no matter how many years it is from now," she said while giving the paper back.

Jocelyn nodded while taking the paper back.

"As for your boy trouble, follow Cleo's advice. Give the boy a nice good trail of treats to follow and he'll be eating out of your hands," Becca told her. Jocelyn rolled her eyes, "He isn't an actual dog you know." "All men are pigs honey, that's just how it is," Becca told her while flipping her hair over her shoulder. "Not all men," Jocelyn told her. Becca raised a well styled brow at Jocelyn, "Oh really? My experience says other wise." "Maybe if you weren't always catching thirsty boys, you'd find a good man," I told her. I looked at Jocelyn, "Thanks Jocelyn, I owe you one." Jocelyn smiled, "I'll hold you to that."

I left the Priest House and saw Lykos waiting for me. "You know, with you disappearing so much, it makes me wonder if you're actually my familiar," I said while scratching him behind the ears. He followed me back to the House of Warriors where is was a little chaotic inside. They were all talking about who got an invitation. "Did the lady of the House receive one," One of the fourth years asked me. I shook my head, "Thank the Gods I didn't." Joseph snorted, "Getting her in the air is next to impossible unless she's unconscious. She's scared of heights." I poked him, "Jocelyn told me you got invited." He smirked and showed me his invitation, "Hell yeah I did. Its gonna be so cool." I smirked, "Just make sure you give Jocelyn a proper good bye." He rolled his eyes as his ears became a little pink, "You know I will. Besides we still have two months so it's all good." Its strange to think that summer was so close. Time surely does fly. Sometimes it feels like just yesterday I was getting ready for my next fight. Time really was a funny thing that way.