Chapter 3

I woke up to someone knocking harshly on my door. I got up and I felt sore all over. I held in my groan as I went to the door. I opened the door and saw a man with gold eyes and pale blonde hair. His skin looked like it had never seen the sun. "I'm Vix, your mentor, " He told me. He then held out a paper. "This is your schedule." I took it but didn't look at it. He then studied me, "Your abilities seem to still be settling. Your classes and training will begin tomorrow. For now, you should rest." I just nodded slightly. God, it felt like I was hit by a truck. I noticed a black cat by hit feet, sitting patiently. That must be his familiar. Some get them some don't. I read that familiars here ranged from wolves, cats, ferrets, and owls. How one gets a familiar is one of the animals that go about the campus freely decides it wants to spend its life with you. I found it ironic that my trainer is a vampire who has a familiar that's a cat. Cats and vampires, on my list of things to avoid. Maybe I can avoid his cat.

I shut the door as he and his cat walked away. I plopped down in bed, and sleep took me quickly once more. The next time I woke up, I was no longer hurting. I rolled over and heard a crinkling sound. I stopped and sat up. I found my schedule on the bed looking crumpled from me sleeping on it. Oops.

I read over it.

P1: History 7 p.m.- 8:30 p.m. Professor Cho

P2: Defense against Monsters 8:45 p.m. - 10:15 p.m.

                 ~ Lunch 10:30 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.

P3 & P 4: Warrior Training Cap. Roark 11:45 p.m. - 2:45 a.m.

Glad to see the school day wasn't too long. I just don't know I felt about being stuck with Captain Asshole for three hours. I looked at the time on my phone and saw school was over for the day. I got up and showered before putting on a pair of skinny jeans and a black v cut shirt. I was standing in the middle of my room towel drying my hair when there was a knock on the door. I hung the towel on the bathroom doorknob before going over and answering it. A guy with curly orange hair that was pulled back into a warrior bun and a face covered in freckles was standing on the other side. The pentacle necklace around his neck told me he was a witch.

"Uh hi. I'm Kylen, " He introduced himself. "I know you just got here and that many here are being a bunch of sexist assholes, and I wanted you to know that I think it's amazeballs we finally have a woman warrior. I also wanted to know if you would like for me to show you around campus." I smiled softly, "Yeah sure. Let me just get my shoes on." I went in and threw on my combat boots before leaving the room.

"So where are you from, " he asked curiously as we walked down the stairs. "I'm from all over. My mom moved me around a lot growing up so I don't know where I'm from, " I replied. "What about you?" He chuckled, "I'm from Atalanta, Georgia. Funny thing, I'm from Georgia, and I hate the smell and taste of peaches. I was happy when Batair came and marked me saving me from my parents peach farm and my six older sisters." I laughed softly, "So how long have you been here?" "Two glorious years, " he said once we reached the bottom of the stairs.

We walked through the common room, ignoring the looks we were given. "So who is your mentor, " He asked me. "Vix. He didn't really give me his last name, " I replied. "Yeah, we all know Vix. He acts like he's better than everyone, and that this school is beneath him. He had gone to the branch in Scotland, that is always kicking our ass in the Games. He even roots for them each year. He's an asshole, and I hate to say this, but he probably isn't going to train you, " He confessed to me. I shrugged, "It's probably why Captain Roark paired him with me. He doesn't like me so it doesn't surprise me."

"Captain Roark is a complete douche. He is also the worse captain our branch has ever had, " He told me. "At least that's what I've heard some of the other warriors say." We then made it inside the main school building and he pointed out the different classes and wings of the school. We then got to a large dining room. Giant chandeliers hung from the ceilings and there were various types of buffet lines.