Chapter 18

The obstacle course had been brutal. I had wanted to show off my strength during the ball toss, but if I hadn't used my strength against that dragon, I would've become a dragon snack. Those damned warrior council members really are fucked up to throw us into a course like that. What exactly are they trying to prepare us for?

The ball toss went as I had expected it too. I tossed the heaviest ball there and threw it as high and as far as I could. Needless to say it will be hard finding it. Today was a day of healing and relaxing. Joseph and Azazel convinced me to go with them to the pool. I wore my favorite white bikini and sunglasses. I wore a pair of basketball shorts and a crop top of it. I was walking with Lycos towards the pool when a guy holding his phone was interviewing some of the winners from the other contests. I recognized him as Corey Lewis, a guy who was big into vlogging well before he was marked.

He noticed me and smiled, "Well if it isn't Cleo Norse, the first ever female warrior. Mind if I have a few minutes of your time?" "Uh sure I guess," I told him. "So everyone is wanting to know a ton about you, but I'm not going to bore you with thousands of questions," He told me. "First off, do you mind introducing us to your familiar?" "Not at all, this is Lycos. Most times he is scarce except for when its curfew time. I think he spends most of his time chasing after females or hunting down something to eat. He refuses to eat anything I prepare for him, wanting to stay as wild as possible, but despite his wild side, he does enjoy taking up most of the space in my bed," I tell them. He laughed, "Good to know our food is safe around him. So tell me, how come you're so close to Azazel and Joseph?" "Well, Joseph and I had spent a few years together in a orphanage in Brooklyn. Apparently we would've been marked around the same time had I not beaten him so badly, putting him in the hospital. Before you guys get judgemental, we were street fighters before we were marked. Although it was illegal, it was the only way we knew how to survive. It wasn't easy," I shared with him and his viewers. "As for Azazel, he's my friend. Now before I get shit for being friend with him, you really shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. He's a really good guy, and his parents are amazing. He's convinced they love me more than him."

"So word is, that all three of you are competing in the fighting tournament," He said next. "How do you feel about the possibility of fighting them?" Before I could say anything an arm was slung across my shoulders, "Best believe she's super excited, "Joseph shared with him. Azazel was silent as he stood on the other side of me. I smiled, "Hell yeah I am. You see many of the warrior students here think fighting against each other is to find out who is the strongest, but it's so much more than that. It's also so we learn each other's fighting styles. We see those we go to school all the time, this gives us the chance to watch others from the other schools because one day we may have to fight side by side after we become full warriors, and it will help us know each others strengths and weaknesses." He then turned the camera to face him, "I couldn't agree with you more. I want you all to comment who you want to win the tournament. Also, don't forget to like, subscribe, and share. Follow my Twitter page for all of the latest updates and photos during the Games."

He then ended it and smiled brightly at us, "Thanks for the interview. I can't wait to see you guys fight tomorrow. Good luck." He then walked away and we went to the pool. "Well I guess it's official, you're famous," Joseph said as he removed his arm from my shoulders. I shook my head, "The fame will die down and others will find something else to talk about." "Not if Tiffany turns her camera on you," Azazel said to us. "Who's Tiffany," I asked him. "She runs one of the largest Vlogs, that people all over the world follows. She probably hadn't turn her camera on you yet, because she was so busy trying to get information on whoever was responsible for the murders on campus. She also does a few fundraisers and contests for the school. Many love her calendars. Usually she has a male calendar from all four Houses, and a female calendar for the other three since the warriors had never had a female before. Although she may not ask you for a calendar unless you have enough male fans. Jocelyn was Miss October for the Priestess calendar last year." I burst into laughter, "I have to talk to her about that the next time I see her."

I then removed the clothes I had over my bikini, earning whistles from many who were here. I rolled my eyes as I put my sunglasses on top of them. I watched as Azazel took off his shirt and I had look away quickly so I wouldn't get caught starring. Lycos laid down in the sun, for once not venturing off somewhere. I was then grabbed by my waist and thrown into the pool by Joseph. I came up from the water sputtering. "Damn it Joseph!"

He was bent over laughing until Azazel shoved him in. Now it was my turn to laugh at the sputtering idiot. Azazel dove in and emerged looked like some sexy God. Okay Cleo, time to back track with the horny teenage girl thoughts. I'm in my twenties, not some dumbstruck high school girl. "Not cool," Joseph said with a glare towards him. Azazel shrugged with a smirk. I rolled my eyes at the two of them. I didn't know what I would drown in first, the testosterone they're giving off, or the water.

We spent hours goofing off and acting as if we were kids. We had just gotten out of the pool when we could hear some arguing. Curiosity got the better of us and we went to see what was the commotion all about. We saw they were betting money on an arm wrestling contest. They have an entire castle to explore to occupy their time with, and they decide to do something so childish? I looked at the crowd and noticed many were werewolves. Of course. Wolves enjoyed any sport where they could prove they're the best. It made Joseph smile eagerly, which caused me to roll my eyes. 

We watched as one of them won and raised his arms in victory while some cheered and others cursed about the money they lost. They then looked at Joseph, "Care to try rogue?" Joseph became serious then and walked up to the table. Most rogues weren't as strong as wolves in a pack, but Joseph has been training all his life to be able to face any wolf that challenges him. I stood next to Azazel nervously. If Joseph lost this, it would be a blow to his ego. He wouldn't use his abilities that were gifted to him, wanting to win it with his own strength. I'm actually not positive what his ability is, he hasn't really shown it since he was marked. With Joseph, it could be anything.

Azazel then shocked me when he threw a hundred in the fast growing pot, "Hundred that Joseph will win." I smiled and threw in my own hundred, "Same for me." After all bets were in they started. Both were trying so hard that veins popped out on their arms. Joseph began to slowly move the guy's hand towards the table. "Show that rogue who's stronger!" One of them yelled. "You guys are idiots," Joseph scoffed. "I'm not a rogue. My pack is small and only contains a handful of people, and I maybe the only wolf, but they're still my pack nonetheless." The guy he was arm wrestling scoffed, "What kind of pack is that?" "The kind where species and gender don't matter. My alpha is a human woman with the strength to reduce a mountain to nothing but pebbles, and my Beta is a half breed who is one hell of a fighter. The last member is a small woman who will one day lead many of us. We maybe small, but we are to never be underestimated." He then slammed the guy's hand into the table. I cheered happily for him, before collecting my winnings.

Joseph threw his arms around Azazel's and my shoulders, "Let's go get a drink." I smiled and looked over at the two men, and noticed Azazel had a small smile on his face. Some pack we were, I thought.