Chapter 9

I stood on the training field the next morning next to Azazel. It was too early. "What did he say to you yesterday, " He asked me softly. "Just wanted to verify my mark was legit, " I answered with a shrug. He nodded and we fell silent. The Elite Battalion was here. I think calling them a Battalion was more badass than just saying, Elite warriors. The one in charge was a man who was clearly all about having a stick up his ass. He walked with his back straight, chest out, and with a gaze that said he didn't tolerate fun. He had a gray wolf for a familiar. It walked beside him, clearly an alpha wolf. "I am Commander Alec Falcon. Today you're going to show us what you can do. When I call you, step up and show us. We'll go in class year order."

We all sat on the side of the field as names from the year four class was called up one by one. It was going to be a long wait but it allowed me to think of how I would show my strength. I can't just hold a bunch of weights, even though that was impressive.

As I watched, I was amazed at the crazy powerful people we had. I even learned Kylen could affect how hot or cold something was while Reginald could create solid air by blowing. When it was Azazel's turn he took off his shirt as he walked to the center of the field. I had to check myself for drool at his really ripped body. I was then dumbfounded when black feathered wings sprouted from his back. Then he flapped once, shooting himself at least a hundred feet into the air. He then showed off his astounding flying speed. When he landed he, flexed a wing and shot feathers at a tree. The feathers appeared to be razor-sharp.

"Brax, shoot your spikes at me, " Azazel told him. His wings came forward to shield himself, turning hard as steel, the spikes simply bouncing off. He then tucked his wings back into his back. As he walked back he put his shirt on. "That was so cool, " I whispered to him. "Now I have to try and think of something impressive." He smirked but that was it.

I watched the others go until it was my turn. "Mack, right?" I asked the guy who could manipulate the Earth. He nodded, "Yeah." I smiled, "Could you make me a mountain?"

He nodded and a large mountain sprouted up. I went to the end of the training field and got in a track runner's stance before they started a race. I channeled my strength into my feet, allowing me to practically fly across the field with great speed when I pushed off. I had my fist ready and slammed it into the mountain, the force of it causing a massive shock wave that caused a few trees to uproot, car alarms to go off, and everyone on the training field to fly back along with the debris from the mountain. I looked over my shoulder and saw it was nothing but a pile of rubble now.

I looked at my hand and saw the skin was shredded, but the muscles and bones were completely okay. I guess my skin didn't get the memo that I was incredibly strong now. "Thanks for the warning, " Azazel grumbled as he walked up, running a hand through his hair, trying to get all of the dirt and rocks out of it. "It was more fun leaving it as a surprise, " I told him a smirk. He rolled his eyes.

"Let's recover, then regroup for the combat portion. A healer is on stand by if you need it, " The Commander announced, slightly disoriented. I went over to the healer and had my hand healed.

Afterward, we were paired up and had to fight without our abilities. I was going against someone who had only been here a week longer than me. I had more fighting experience than him though thanks to my street fighting. Their downfall though, was that they were scared of me. It made them hesitant and second guess themselves. Allowing me to wipe the floor with them. It wasn't really a good test of my combat skills.

After that they made us go back to the House of Warriors to shower and wait for our ranking results. I sat on the couches in a pair of jean shorts and a t-shirt when they came in. "The first and second-year students have some who could one day join the Battallion, but they have a lot of work ahead of them, " he started off. "I won't go through the entire list of students but I will tell you the top ten. Rank one, Azazel Draken. Rank two, Reginald Harrington. Rank three, Cleo Norse. Rank four, Shiro Vo. Rank five, Dexter Conner. Rank six, Kylen Apllegate. Rank seven, Pickert Mills. Rank eight, Kevin Lo. Rank nine, Tommy McGee. And rank ten, Harold Shozen. The rest of you can find your rankings posted in the training hall. We also put up the Games Sign up sheet as well." He then held up a white book, "Now I am going to have you read, the official warrior handbook. The one all of you had read when you first arrived was one that was edited and slimmed down to the Captain's liking. You will all follow it, or receive serious punishment."

As they were passed out, there were some groans and such going around the room. "Now the only issue we have to figure out is you, " he said while looking at me after all the books were passed out. "Traditions that take women out of the picture will have to be altered, as well as a few others."

"And if she masters her gift, her being able to swear herself to someone will have to change since originally it is said that women can't swear themselves to a warrior, " Gin added in. "We'll figure that out when we get there, " The commander said. "I think we let the lass figure out the best way to change the traditions to best fit, " Batair told them. Commander Alec seemed to think about it for a moment before nodding, "Very well then. You will be in charge of adapting the traditions for not only yourself but for any future female warriors, we may have later on down the line. You will document them as well."

I nodded, "Yes sir." He nodded then left the House of Warriors. I looked down at the handbook. It felt like I had so much weight on my shoulders. Not only do I have to do it in a way that they approve of, but it will be what is followed for centuries after I do it. Gods this was going to be the hardest test of my life.