↪ 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬

The party continues to go on with people congratulating both Soobin and me, wishing us happiness and blessings on our marriage. 

Polite smiles and brief conversations are exchanged, hands shaken. Soobin and I make sure to have a conversation with every guest tonight. Deep down in me, I know that I will face Beomgyu as it is inevitable. 

"Thank you, Mrs Smith! I'll be sure to tell my parents about this!" Soobin chirps as the lady nods her head. 

It has been a few hours that the party have started. Delicious and mouthwatering food and beverages are placed on the table. Soobin and I did managed to sneak a few pieces of food before continuing to greet the guests. I giggle, remembering how Soobin frantically dusts the bread crumbs off of his lips as soon as a guest approaches us.

"What are you laughing at, my love?" Soobin queries, his doe brown eyes widen with curiousity. 

"You. The way you frantically-" Before I could finish my sentence, Soobin covers my lips with his big hand as his cheeks turn red. 

"Shush, you talk way too much." He says before glancing around to see if anyone has been listening to our conversation.

"JADEYYY!" The familiar, loud boisterous voice sounds behind us. I turn around to see my cousins, Huening Kai, Lea and Bahyyih make their way to us. 

"Oh my God, Jadey! I miss you too much!" Huening Kai squeals while hugging me. 

"Congrats, Jade! I can't believe that you are engaged to a wonderful man!" Lea smiles courteously before groaning at her brother's childish and clingy behaviour. My 6 foot cousin is literally clinging onto me, not letting me to breathe at all. 

"I'm sorry that you have to witness my brother's unfortunate behaviour." Bahyyih apologizes before sneers at her brother who gives her a glare. 

"LET'S POP IT UP! POP IT UP!" Huening Kai shouts before jumping while still clinging onto me like a hyperactive puppy. 

"Kamal, I swear to God, if you do not let Jade go this instant, I will tell Bahyyih that you have eaten her last piece of mango sherbet ice pop." Lea warns, crossing her arms over her shoulders.

"Go, Le-Wait what?! SO IT'S YOU THAT HAVE EATEN MY LAST PIECE OF MANGO SHERBET ICE POP?! AND NOT OUR DOG, IZZY? THAT'S IT! YOU'RE SO GOING TO GET BEATEN UP!" Bahyyih shouts as she crosses her arms and gives her older brother a cold glare. 

I certainly miss this. I miss the moment where the Huening siblings will be arguing over and the fact that they made it so funny and dramatic that it does not even look like argument. 

Soobin who is standing beside me for the entire ordeal, looks at my cousin who is still hugging me and sticks his tongue out at his sister. 

"You're as small as a midget, Bahyyih. You can't fight a 6ft giant like me!" Huening Kai says. 

"Yeah right and watch me! By the way, Kai, there's a spider on the floor..." Bahyyih says, remaining a stern expression.

"Where?!" Huening Kai asks and I could feel myself barely breathing anymore. His long legs are literally wrapped around my waist and his hands around my neck. My arms are going to break for carrying such a big baby.

"Soobinie, a little help..." I mutter as I look at my fiance who smiles brightly at me. 

"There isn't any spider on the floor. Can you please get down from my fiancee?" Soobin asks, still smiling courteously at Huening Kai whose brown eyes are widened. 

"Oh! I am so sorry!" 

I feel the weight is lifted off from me as Huening Kai jumps down the floor and the Huening sisters look like they are going to roll on the floor, laughing. 

"Oh my God, look at your fiance!" Huening Kai squeals. Before anyone could stop him, he has practically grabbed onto Soobin's cheeks, catching Soobin off guard. 

"Such squishy cheeks. And soft lips! No wonder, Jade keeps kissing your cheek and lips!" Huening Kai chirps as Soobin blushes at the compliments. 

"Jesus, Huening! Stop embarrassing him!" I say, tugging at my cousin's blazer. 

"Binnie, I am sorry that my cousin does not have his mannerisms at all." I say while shooting Huening Kai a look. He is smiling cheekily as his sisters cover their lips to stifle their laughter. 

"Hey! I am a worldwide cutie, Huening Kai" My cousin says as he proceeds to do cute actions which make his sisters and me cringe. As for Soobin, he smiles and chuckles at Huening Kai's actions. 

"You have a lot of confidence..." Soobin smiles and then turns to me with twinkle in his eyes.

"Is that the cousin that you told me that he had accidentally peed in the pants when he saw a spider?" 

"JADE!" Huening Kai whines as Lea and Bahyyih have broken into fits of laughter.

"What?! It's the most entertaining story ever!" I laugh, wiping my tears off. 

"It's so great to see you again, Jade!" Lea smiles as Bahyyih pouts at me.

"Once you graduate, Jade, I won't see you anymore..." Bahyyih says, showing me her sad puppy eyes.

I chuckle before ruffling her soft brown hair and hugs her. 

"Soobin and I promise to visit the three of you often. Right, Binnie?" I ask my fiance who smiles brightly at me and nods. 

"Yes, my love. Anything for you!" Soobin says. 

"AAAAAHHH! SKNFDWKLFWFJ! CAN BOTH OF YOU STOP BEING THIS CUTE?! MY LOVE, OH MY GOD!"  The Huening siblings squeal and fan themselves. 

"Is it just me or the temperature is getting hot here?" Lea asks jokingly as she fans herself. 

However, our little moment is interrupted as Huening Kai growls. 

"What the heck on earth are you doing here, Choi Beomgyu?" 

All of us turn around to see my ex, looking as miserable as ever, His blonde hair is a mess, his brown eyes full with tears and his red tie dishevelled.

"Can I talk to you, Jade? Please for a moment..." Beomgyu says, his voice as low as deep. 

Soobin securely wraps his arms around my waist and sighs. 

"If there's anything, you can say it right in front of us." Soobin says, his arms not leaving me. 

"It's kind of... Personal. I want to talk to her alone, please. For a moment." Beomgyu says, getting onto his knees. 

"Jade, please...." He pleads as he looks at me with tear filled eyes. 

━━━━━━━━━━━

Should Jade go with Beomgyu or stay with Soobin?

Btw, the story is nearly coming to an end!

Love, 晶✨