↪ 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯

"Jade, are you ready?" My cousin, Huening Kai asks, breaking my train of thoughts about Beomgyu. 

"Ready for what?" My voice croaks as I wipe the tears roughly from my eyes. A few tears have fallen onto my phone screen where it is still lighted with my favourite picture of Beomgyu and I- where we had our first kiss in an amusement park date. 

"Are you thinking about him.... Again?" Huening Kai lets out a sigh as he grabs my phone and switches it off. I feel guilty all of a sudden, lower my head and let my dark brown fringe to cover my face. 

"Don't you ever dare to feel guilty of your own feelings." My cousin says as he plops onto my bed, causing the springs to squeal underneath his weight. I peer up at him through my dark curtain of hair, looking at him as I anticipate about what he is about to do. Huening Kai flashes me a wide smile as he looks excited. 

"What is with that face? God forbid me when you're doing something despicable..." I sigh as I bury my head into my duvet and cover my face. 

"Jade, why are you making me sound like I am the bad guy here?! Lea, Bahyyih and I are sort of getting sick of not seeing that contagious smile of yours again. Stop cooping up in the apartment for so long! It has been two months and yet you're not over him?!" Huening Kai sighs exasperated as he pulls me up. 

I let out a groan as he keeps pulling at my hands.

"Please, Jadeeyyy~Please!" Huening Kai pleads as he looks at me with his puppy eyes.

I am never for once could resist whenever the Huening siblings pull this trick on me- the puppy eyes trick. No matter how hard I try not to fall for them, I will cave into them eventually.

"Fine." I sigh as the 6th foot older male jumps and squeals in the air. I shake my head at my cousin's childishness and get up, then push him out of my room.

"Get out, Huening. I need to change if you want me to go out." I chuckle as Huening Kai whines.

"Or do you want to see me change instead?" I question, raising an eyebrow towards his direction. A pink tint forms on his cheeks and the tips of his ear become beet red. 

Chuckling at my cousin's childish attitude, I close the door and decide to wear a cute outfit. For the first time in two months, I am dressing up. I pick a sleeveless white crop top and match it along with my light blue ripped jeans. I sit down at the mirror and my eyes widen. There are huge and dark eye bags hang under my eyes, my eyelids are swollen and red due to excessive crying and my cheeks the shade of ghostly white. 

My hand reach towards a large pink box where I have kept my make up supplies. I decide to apply concealer and a little foundation onto my face before taking a light pink lip gloss and swaps it across my cheek. As I turn to the left, my heart begins to feel with sorrow as a familiar gold star pendant catches my eye. 

It's a gift from my ex boyfriend, Beomgyu. During our relationship, he always calls me as his little star, saying how much I light up in that dark universe of his. I am pretty sure those words are fake and ingenuine when he says it. 

Without wasting any second, I flung the necklace into the dustbin beside it, hearing it clatter down the bin. I then proceed to take out the silver star choker where my cousin, Huening Kai has given to me on my seventeenth birthday and a pair of white gold star earrings where my parents have bought it for me. 

As I am busy admiring myself, my annoying cousin's voice booms outside my door and his hands are banging against it. 

"JADE, ARE YOU DONE?! WE NEED TO MEET MY BEST FRIEND AT THE PARK!" 

"Wait a minute, I am done- Wait, since when you have mentioned that we are going to meet your best friend?!" I shout as I love how the accessories bring out the twinkle in my sapphire blue eyes. 

"HE TEXTED ME, SAYING THAT HE IS BORED SINCE HE IS ALONE! MIGHT AS WELL BRING HIM TO OUR OUTING AND INTRODUCE HIM TO YOU!" My cousin shouts as he continues to bang the door. 

I roll my eyes at my impatient cousin before grabbing a black purse, placing my phone and wallet in, then slipping my feet through my white Vans slip on.

"I'm done!" I shout as I open the door suddenly, causing my cousin to fall. 

"Finally, what take-" Huening Kai stops as he looks at me with his dark brown eyes wide and his jaw drops onto the ground. 

"You look so pretty!" 

"Thanks." I chuckle as my cousin begins to pull me with him.

"Time to meet my best friend!"

━━━━━━━━━━━

How is the story going?
Nice, entertaining or good?

I have been so busy with school and studies, I swear😤😤.
I will try to make some time to update this book!

Enjoy reading!

Love, 晶✨