↪ 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘦𝘤𝘩𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴

As we make our way to the banquet hall, the chatters and cheers could be heard from the crowd, miles away where both of us have just leave the lift. 

"Love, are you nervous?" Soobin asks as his eyes dart around the expensive and luxurious decoration nervously. 

"A little but when I'm with you, it is gone as if we are in our own world." I say and stifle a few giggles. 

"That's really cheesy, love." Soobin smiles, dimples popping as we arrive at the entrance, the staff gives us a signal to stop. Both Soobin and I stop in our tracks, waiting patiently for the announcement of our arrival. 

Just then, my father's deep and stern voice booms out through the hall, effortlessly silencing the crowd once and for all. 

"As all of you are gathered here today, I am pretty sure that you are wondering who our daughter is, the sole heiress to the biggest business in internationally wise..." 

"And who is also my one and only son, Choi Soobin's fiancee, the future co-owner of Choi Eats Incorporation." Mr Choi said, his voice loud and clear. 

"I have kept my daughter's identity hidden for years since I do not want to burden her with the pressure of spotlights and paparazzi. Also, I want her to be a humble and kind person she is today. I will like to welcome my future son-in-law, Choi Soobin and my daughter.... Jade Skylar H!" 

I take a deep breath and tightly intertwine my hands with Soobin who pecks my forehead and whispers:

"You can do it , my love. You and me." 

The door opens, revealing the noises from the crowds who are anticipating the new couple's arrival. Soobin and I give each other one last smile and a tight squeeze on one another's hand before walking down the grand stairs. Both of us smile and wave as the cameras start to flash and take pictures of us. 

"Oh my God, the good looks certainly run in H's family! Look at how beautiful their daughter is! Even if she has an American father and a Chinese mother, she looks so beautiful." 

"How can a girl like her are engaged to a shy boy like Soobin?" 

"Look at those sapphire blue eyes and the confidence!" 

More and more comments are made as Soobin and I pass through the crowd, making our way to the stage where our parents are standing proudly. Most comments are positive while some are just plain hatred and demeaning. 

As I step on the stage, a familiar gaze burns into me. It is too familiar the way the gaze is. When I turn and look towards the direction, I desperately want a hole to swallow me up there and then. 

That gaze is no other than the one whom I used to love the most. My ex, Choi Beomgyu. I watch as his expression hardens at the sight of my hand tightly intertwine with Soobin's. A straight line forms on his pink lips and his dark brown eyes narrows and shoots daggers at us. 

Could he be jealous? I think I must be hallucinating

"Love, he's my cousin, Choi Beomgyu." Soobin whispers as he wraps his arms around my waist. 

"Soobin, you don't understand... He is the ex that I told you about." I whisper back as our parents continue to talk to the crowd. 

"W-what?!" Soobin stammers, tightening his hold onto my waist. "By the way, I certainly do not like the way he is looking at you, love." 

I chuckle before turning over and peck Soobin's cheeks, not even caring the fact that he is here, watching. 

"And I have fallen for you now. I have no where to go now." I giggle as I feel Soobin's hot breath fanning across my face. 

"I'm your home, love. Go to me. When I am with you, I feel like I am at home." Soobin whispers as both of us have forgotten that the cameras, guests and our parents are here. Both of us lean in and share a passionate kiss. 

"Pardon the children. Both of them are so in love and enamoured with one another that they could not help to get married." My father says, interrupting both Soobin and me. Both of our cheeks redden as we have forgotten that we are still on the stage. Both of us share a bashful look before looking down. 

"Isn't it cute? This reminds of us when we were young, honey." Mr Choi chuckles and winks at his wife who hits him playfully on the shoulder while blushing. 

"I think maybe we should separate Soobin and Jade before the marriage... Otherwise, they would not be able to keep their hands off one another... Look at them! Still in each other's proximity!" Mrs Choi teases. 

"Yes, I agreed. I might need to ensure a lock at Jade's room." My mother jokes halfheartedly. 

"So does anyone have opinion on their engagement?" My father asks, raising his champagne glass. 

Out of my peripheral vision, Beomgyu turns around and leaves while Yeonjun and a red haired boy are chasing after him, bumping into people while doing so. The normally oh-so- opinionated Beomgyu has become speechless for the first time in his life.

━━━━━━━━━━━

bbcbshaevymanco

Something you have been looking forward to!

Hope you love it!

Love, 晶✨