Chapter 25

It was late the Tuesday afternoon and Shawn was busy driving Maya to the dance unsure what would be next.
He knew she was responsible and won't do something idiotic but it is Josh he was taking her to.
Yet he was comfortable with it.
The car stopped and both Josh and Alan came out of the door.
Alan went to greet Shawn while Josh gave Maya a hug.

"Hey, how was the drive?" Josh asked.
"Peaceful. Clearly not a NYC drive," Maya said and Josh laughed as he threw his arm around her waist as they walked over to Shawn/Alan.

"Take care of her. And I mean it. Your brother got me so mad about his girl," Shawn said and Josh nods.
"I will, Shawn. And I agree with you about my niece," Josh said as Alan looked at him.
"Sorry Dad. I know she syour granddaughter and everything but she is really treating Maya like dirt. Even Cory is fed up with her," Josh said.
"Okay, I have to head back inside. Good luck," Shawn said and was gone.
"Bye, Dad," Maya said and they went in.

"Maya, welcome," Amy said and gave Maya a hug.
"Thank you, Mrs Matthews," Maya said.
"I'll take your suitcase up," Alan said.
"Some coffee?" Amy asked.
"Yeah that will be nice," Maya said.
"I'll make it then you girls can catch up," Josh said and headed to the kitchen.

"How are you, Darling?" Amy asked.
"I'm good. Busy. With me being transferred to the new school I have to get a lot of things in place," Maya said.