Chapter 8

It was seven-fifteen and Maya was at the breakfast table eating breakfast with her parents which both Shawn and Kat had were very glad about since she hadn't been eating what she should.
She hasn't spoke to either much but what she had done is just give them looks that she is okay.
Whatever that did mean.

"So Maya. Have you decided on a dress for next week?" Katy asked making her daughter look at her.
"Not going. I don't want to get bully by Rucas and I'll have to go alone since Riley did turn everybody against me so I think I'm staying put for this dance. Not like I'm missing anything," Maya said and there was a knock on the door.
"Who can that be?" Shawn asked and got the door.

"Ah looks like you are surprising her. Maya you have a quest," Shawn said and Maya saw Josh.
"Josh what are you doing here?" Maya asked smiling.
"Thought I'll give you a lift to school," Josh said.
"Well thank you very much. I actually do have a meeting so you are helping me more than her," Shawn said.
"I'm just going to brush my teeth then we can go," Maya said.

"Listen she is going to think we are spying but have you noticed that she is a bit different? She ate all her food and for once she put for herself in. It's a bit weird," Shawn said.
"Maybe she is just recovering. Shawn it has been awhile since she was diagnosed and maybe she is getting tired of fainting," Josh said and saw Maya.
"Ready?" Josh asked.
"Yeah let's go. I'll see you after school Dad," Maya said and they were gone.

"It's him. Having contact with someone besides her parents are helping," Katy said.
"I'm glad. I have to go. I have a meeting. See you later."