Chapter 17

It was the next morning and both Shawn and Katy were eating breakfast with Maya.
She hasn't actually gained a lot of weight since she has started to eat normal but she has gained a few pounds.
It was Thursday and not just that.
Tomorrow was the dance which Maya seemed forward to going.
Not just that but for the homecoming she has been invited too as well.
Maya was just finishing eating some fruit when her phone vibrated.

Mr M: Come see me after school at apartment. Don't bring Shawn.

Maya looks at the text before she put her phone in her pocket.

"Who was that?" Shawn asked.
"Someone looking for something. I don't know the number. Can we get going?"
"Yeah sure. Let's go," Shawn said.

~

It was later the afternoon and Maya was busy in dancing class.
Ballet.
She loved dancing and she has been doing it for awhile.
Instantly after the class is done she sees Josh and smiles.
She grabs her bag and then goes over to him.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" Maya asked giving Josh a hug.
"Came to say hello before tomorrow. And I told Shawn I would pick you up. How are you? I've heard about the other day with Riley," Josh said.
"Your brother... Wants to see me after school and said I shouldn't bring my dad. I'm worried," Maya said.
"I'll go with you and it's not negotiable. My family isn't going to bully you in a thing."
"Yeah that will help and I'm not even gonna try to argue with you," Maya said.
"Let's go," Josh said.

"Uggh. What are you doing here?"

Obviously Maya was at the Matthews house and Riley wasn't impressed to see her.
Little did she know why she was there.

"Where is your dad?" Maya asked.
"What do you want to know?" Riley asked and then Josh came.
"Riley Matthews where is your father?" Josh asked.
"Oh boy. Dad! Josh is here! He'll be out in a second," Riley said.

"What are you doing here?" Cory asked.
"Well seeing that you send Maya messages that says 'Come see me after school and don't bring your dad' I have a reason to be here. Someone must protect her," Josh said.
"She doesn't need that. I just want to apologize for my daughter's bad behavior on Tuesday. Neither me nor Topanga thought she would do that. Say you're sorry."
"Over my dead body," Riley said.
"Riley."
"Leave it Mr Matthews. I'm not your problem. Not anymore. Not next simester," Maya said.

Cory and Riley looked at her not knowing what she meant.

"Shawn transferred her to Chelsea High. She is starting in September," Josh said.
"When did you get in?" Cory asked.
"Last Thursday. Asher Turner is impressed with my grades. Not sure if it was that or my Spanosh but he's impressed. It didn't take a lot of time. After we move into the new apartment we'll hopefully have enough time to make sure everything is in order at the school. Listen Mr Matthews. You don't have to apologize for your daughter. It's not your responsibility to do that. I'm okay," Maya said.
"I don't want to see her Dad," Riley said.
"You don't have to. I'm going home," Maya said.
"I'll give you a lift. I'll see you guys another time. Cory, Riley," Josh said and was gone.

~

Josh and Maya stood still in front of the old apartment building.
They haven't climbed out of the car yet but they were just catching their breathes.
Maya was overwhelmed at what happened at the Matthews house and Josh wasn't sure what to make of it.

"Are you okay?" Josh eventually asked Maya not putting too much pressure on her to answer.
"Yeah I'm fine. Thank you for going with me. It means a lot," Maya said.
"No problem. I'll see you tomorrow," Josh said and Maya climbed out of the car.